Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps if some one would explain how map dowsing works, we could all be happy.

I have seen dowsing rods find underground utilities in the field, but there are magnetic and perhaps other forces at work.

What kind of force comes from an image, or a drawing of a location? Please explain, I have an open mind. Some sort of ESP? Give us something....

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'll admit up front that I am skeptical of dowsing and even more so when it comes to map dowsing. But when your best argument is basically "Go away kid. You bother me." you're not helping your own cause much.

We have tried to tell our own experiences with successful map dowsers but the skeptics refuse to believe us. They imply that we are lying or ar too stupid to realize we are wrong. I think this has been going on on the dowsing forum since its inception. The skeptics seem unwilling or unable to go out in the real world and try to meet dowsers in person. Instead they sit in front of their computer making fun of the dowsers on this forum. After a while it gets very old. The regulars on here have a lot more patience with your types than I do. I have seen it work, that is good enough for me.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps if some one would explain how map dowsing works, we could all be happy.

I have seen dowsing rods find underground utilities in the field, but there are magnetic and perhaps other forces at work.

What kind of force comes from an image, or a drawing of a location? Please explain, I have an open mind. Some sort of ESP? Give us something....

The skeptics will never be happy. Do you need to know how your smart phone or metal detector works to use it and be happy? My belief is that there is information that exists that some people can tap into. It is a sort of mental telepathy. A sixth sense. Woman's intuition. There are many things in nature that are hard to explain but we know can work. Fish finding their way thousands of miles upstream to their birthplace. Birds finding their way thousands of miles relying only on the information in their DNA. Does it really matter how all of this works including the ability to find hidden objects?

They say we only use a small portion of the power of our minds. I am sure that some use a lot more than others. In fact the more people I meet the more sure of this I am.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Doubter in MD~
I'll admit up front that I am skeptical of dowsing and even more so when it comes to map dowsing. But when your best argument is basically "Go away kid. You bother me." you're not helping your own cause much.
I am skeptical about MD’s...In 1983 I bought a state of the art unit....I went searching for gold...After digging 100’s of pull tabs and no gold I taught it to swim in the Feather River....Years later I recovered 2 ½ ozs of gold from that area with a set of Dowsing Rods and not one pull tab...Art

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A true MD skeptic

I am skeptical about MD’s...In 1983 I bought a state of the art unit....I went searching for gold...After digging 100’s of pull tabs and no gold I taught it to swim in the Feather River....Years later I recovered 2 ½ ozs of gold from that area with a set of Dowsing Rods and not one pull tab...Art

Aart
You just don't understand us MD guys.
V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~

You just don't understand us MD guys.
I don’t bother them and seldom give them advice...I give them the first foot of the soil as I seldom find anything that interest me in that area...It is even ok with me that they are enjoying their hobby..Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The skeptics will never be happy. Do you need to know how your smart phone or metal detector works to use it and be happy? My belief is that there is information that exists that some people can tap into. It is a sort of mental telepathy. A sixth sense. Woman's intuition. There are many things in nature that are hard to explain but we know can work. Fish finding their way thousands of miles upstream to their birthplace. Birds finding their way thousands of miles relying only on the information in their DNA. Does it really matter how all of this works including the ability to find hidden objects?

They say we only use a small portion of the power of our minds. I am sure that some use a lot more than others. In fact the more people I meet the more sure of this I am.

You know, you might actually be on to something here, BDD. It's been said that humans are the only animal that ignores their natural instincts. Birds and fish finding their way home every year may not be encoded in their DNA, who knows, but they're following whatever their instincts are, and whatever they're made up of.

I do know that humans use their entire brain, just not all at the same time, since different parts of the brain control different aspects, but where do our instincts come from? Humans having the instinct to find water makes perfect sense, but instincts to find gold does not, at least it doesn't make sense to me. We can't eat it, and it won't help us survive. But water? Makes perfect sense.

That may be what this whole argument comes down to? Maybe humans can find water just by using instincts, but what other animal searches for water? Every one of them. Very seldom to you see a dog that digs gold nuggets out of the yard. If he did, he'd just play with the thing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~ClonedSIM~
Art, if you're ignoring the first foot of soil, you really are missing a lot.
I may be..I also will not go deeper than 2 ½ foot deep unless my weight chex tells me it is a big target...Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Let me ask a ******* question here. When pics of finds are posted does it make some people blind and stupid? Let's see, we post what we are doing to a point, post pics of some finds, have conversations between us that only an idiot could not see we are doing some good with it, and still not enough to want to give it a shot. HMMMMM, Back to the same conversation I had with SWR. Some people come on here to self treat a mental condition. As the thread gets longer, the more obvious it becomes. Well homies,, treat away. Better here than out on the streets. We should all thank the Mods. for the leeway they allow.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~vor~

I did your photo’s the same way I do all maps...I found nothing of interest to me...Why should I spend hours doing your photo’s?...If I am not enjoying what I am doing I will not do it...Art

Let me ask a ******* question here. When pics of finds are posted does it make some people blind and stupid? Let's see, we post what we are doing to a point, post pics of some finds, have conversations between us that only an idiot could not see we are doing some good with it, and still not enough to want to give it a shot. HMMMMM, Back to the same conversation I had with SWR. Some people come on here to self treat a mental condition. As the thread gets longer, the more obvious it becomes. Well homies,, treat away. Better here than out on the streets. We should all thank the Mods. for the leeway they allow.

No trouble here right now, he over on Forrest Fenn's Making them all mad now.:coffee2:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~clonedSIM~
That may be what this whole argument comes down to? Maybe humans can find water just by using instincts, but what other animal searches for water? Every one of them. Very seldom to you see a dog that digs gold nuggets out of the yard. If he did, he'd just play with the thing.
The only one that seems to want to argue are all skeptics. Your believe system will not except the fact that Dowsers are finding and recovering treasure..We all have saw Dowsing work and know what we can do. Man has enjoyed Dowsing for 8000 years and will continue to enjoy Dowsing..No big deal..Art

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only one that seems to want to argue are all skeptics. Your believe system will not except the fact that Dowsers are finding and recovering treasure..We all have saw Dowsing work and know what we can do. Man has enjoyed Dowsing for 8000 years and will continue to enjoy Dowsing..No big deal..Art

Dowsing as practiced today may have originated in Germany during the 15th century, when it was used to find metals.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing#section_1

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There is very little written about how the Spanish located so much Gold in the Americas or how the Ancient people amassed so much gold..Makes you wonder just how did they located it....art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread