Gold and Silver photo dowsing - this is only a test

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the suggestion of a member on another thread, I have buried some gold and silver in a location likely to contain none. The ground is non-mineralized.

In each of the three photos, there could be; no gold or silver, gold only, silver only or a combination of gold and silver. Silver can only be in one location as it is a single bar (7 gold coins and a 100 oz silver bar).

You can disregard everything farther away than the lone Live Oak near the top center of the photos.

I emailed the locations to BDD in advance of this post. Though he is a proponent of dowsing I trust him to be honest. You will have to trust me on my end.

I have no incentive to be dishonest as it would be to my financial advantage to find someone to locate precious metals at my numerous sites.

Photos are here:
Flickr: 1972fj4's Photostream

Thanks to those who wish to participate.

Vor

Last edited:

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your pics I found a 100 oz silver bar and 7 gold coins!!!! guess where..

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Sorry...I receive a signal on two of the three photo’s.It was to weak to be followed...It has either been removed or has not been there long enough...I will try again in a few years...Art

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor can do this how ever he wants but I suggest that no one post a dowsed photo for all to see. It may influence the results. You should probably PM the dowsed photo to vor, me or both.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD
When it comes right down to it in, there are no dowsers that have enough faith in their ability to even try. Or maybe they just don't want to know that it doesn't work or they don't want to take the time. Better left in doubt for them.

Ignorance is bliss but I know the truth.

V

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have results from one. Still waiting to hear from others. I hope you are not trying to trick anybody. I have witnessed your antics on the SEPaMAN thread. How honest are you on there? I have been involved with dowsing tests in the past. Some can pass them. I have also seen the "testers" try to be underhanded to fool the dowsers. It is hard to find people you can trust.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have results from one. Still waiting to hear from others. I hope you are not trying to trick anybody. I have witnessed your antics on the SEPaMAN thread. How honest are you on there? I have been involved with dowsing tests in the past. Some can pass them. I have also seen the "testers" try to be underhanded to fool the dowsers. It is hard to find people you can trust. I only truly trust myself.

Then it would be hard for you to believe in much at all. I went to he effort of setting it up as requested and have no reason to be dishonest. This was done in response to the targets that Okie located for me. I did not want to test/dig them unless I was comfortable in someone's ability. Or anyone's ability.

I went through the trouble of finding an open spot in the back pasture, haul in some silver/gold, and bury them. If you don't believe me you should have not volunteered to be involved. But I trusted you and hoped for the same in exchange.

In the other thread you referenced, it is my belief that the OP set it up as a ruse. I don't think that someone trying to get people to use up their resources searching for nothing should go unimpeded. Feel his fairy tales are a joke as do most on this board.

Best to you BDD

Hope you find the gold.

V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
Then it would be hard for you to believe in much at all. I went to he effort of setting it up as requested and have no reason to be dishonest. This was done in response to the targets that Okie located for me. I did not want to test/dig them unless I was comfortable in someone's ability. Or anyone's ability.
Thank You vor ...That explains the whole thing....Okie is wrong but you have not ran any tests on his target...Good luck as a treasure hunter...Art

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-I only brought up the other thread and your posts for one reason. You have made claims on that thread about dowsing that I do not think you are sincere about. Also if you think the whole SEPaMAN thread is a ruse do you think it is okay to do your own "ruses" on it? As far as trust goes, what can any of us truly believe as far as what we read on the Internet? If someone appears to fib about one thing how can I be expected to completely believe everything else they say. You treat the other thread as a joke and constantly harrass the OP. You have made it clear to me from the begining that you don't really believe in dowsing. Maybe I am wrong on all this and you are truly willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. As you can see by the fact that only one person has taken you up on your dowsing test challenge, there is not much trust going on here on anyone's part.

I think most of the arguing going on on the dowsing forum is a waste of everyone's time. The believers will continue to believe and the doubters will continue to not believe. No amount of pictures, tests, testimonials, stories etc, will change anything. I was hoping that you would get more response on here but I don't think it has anything to do with my involvement. Best of luck to you vor. Hope you find your gold.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have made it clear to me from the begining that you don't really believe in dowsing. Maybe I am wrong on all this and you are truly willing to give it the benefit of the doubt....

I think most of the arguing going on on the dowsing forum is a waste of everyone's time. The believers will continue to believe and the doubters will continue to not believe. No amount of pictures, tests, testimonials, stories etc, will change anything. I was hoping that you would get more response on here but I don't think it has anything to do with my involvement. Best of luck to you vor. Hope you find your gold.

Yes BDD, I am skeptical but was willing to see if anyone could actually do it. I agree with you, believers will not listen to reason and skeptics have to be given proof. None will happen.

As for my aerial dowsing, my location was backed up by infrared thermal and a theory. Not just a random location.

V

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you ask me ... I think dowsing is a very excellent way to find things such as water but only in person, I know nothing about the hobby but if you can scan a "picture" on your computer and tell me where the treasure is located, then I have to say it is absolutely crap/ crazy/silly waste of time! sorry.My opinion only!
Now if you actually dowse in person then I'm there as a witness...more Likely to believe it as soon as I dug it up.
I'm interested V.. Keep it going!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~flyadive~
If you ask me ... I think dowsing is a very excellent way to find things such as water but only in person, I know nothing about the hobby but if you can scan a "picture" on your computer and tell me where the treasure is located, then I have to say it is absolutely crap/ crazy/silly waste of time! sorry.My opinion only!
Now if you actually dowse in person then I'm there as a witness...more Likely to believe it as soon as I dug it up.
I'm interested V.. Keep it going!
I doubt you will ever witness anyone dowsing..It seems that we do not want any negative people around us....Your welcome to look around our board but please notice how many requests we have received for help in the past 10 years

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-Did you dowse the aerial for the location near the pool in Pennsylvania or did someone else do it for you? You say it is backed up by infrared thermal and theory. I've been curious about that since I saw it. You don't seem to believe in the map dowsers on here. What if they have "theories" about a location and then there appears to be an object that is a higher temperature then the surrounding area? Does that make it any more likely to be treasure? I think your supposed "treasure" by the pool is more likely a couple of septic tanks. I know that sounds like a bunch of crap, but it is more probable. That is my theory. What would make you think it is "treasure"? Dowsing? Why don't you post a picture of the pool area on here without the thermal imaging. It would be interesting to see what the guys come up with.

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vor-Did you dowse the aerial for the location near the pool in Pennsylvania or did someone else do it for you? You say it is backed up by infrared thermal and theory. I've been curious about that since I saw it. You don't seem to believe in the map dowsers on here. What if they have "theories" about a location and then there appears to be an object that is a higher temperature then the surrounding area? Does that make it any more likely to be treasure? I think your supposed "treasure" by the pool is more likely a couple of septic tanks. I know that sounds like a bunch of crap, but it is more probable. That is my theory. What would make you think it is "treasure"? Dowsing? Why don't you post a picture of the pool area on here without the thermal imaging. It would be interesting to see what the guys come up with.

I believe it was nichmarch whom posted the original picture you are referring to. He said his dowser was never wrong!!!?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Art,you have been very kind in sharing. Thank you. I am somewhat skeptical with many things . Ruined one dowsing rod,will work more with them come better weather.
That said. The man who introduced me to metal detecting in the early 70s dowsed. A noted historian and author he used a detector for many things ,and dowsed for old buried fence lines and graves. Dad watched his work one time with rods in an Indian cemetery. Close as those two cousins were it would not affect his dowsing.
What else he dowsed is not known to me, but he was first i knew to dowse more than water so that was quite a leap. while nothing is good with out a good demonstration dowsing seems to be some thing one must try themselves with results varying from person to person.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to lack of participation, the test was inconclusive. I do want to thank one that did respond as well as BDD for his assistance.

HH to all
V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Reventchair~
What else he dowsed is not known to me, but he was first i knew to dowse more than water so that was quite a leap. while nothing is good with out a good demonstration dowsing seems to be some thing one must try themselves with results varying from person to person.
I Am no longer a young man...I can no longer climb mountains or cross large streams...But I still enjoy my hobby..I don’t think that seeing a dowser work is the answer...I think if you try to dowse and see for yourself that the rods will move on their own is the start for most people..Yes the rods all work a little different for each of us...Heck..my sons rods react different from mine.
I wrote this many years ago to let people know how easy it is to find out if Dowsing is possible for them
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html
Dowsing is almost a free hobby..nothing to lose but a little time....Art

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is this picture for all us believers to try and size up? Its gone. Were you proved to be wrong and dowsing did find your items so you got the picture off of here? If you believe we can find it by dowsing there will be twenty of us that will try. If you doubt us we will not do it. Quit screwing with us. Go pick on the metal detector guys since it would probably take them three months to search your picture and if they missed it by 6 inches they would NEVER find it. Send me the picture and 100 dollars and then I will know you want to know where it is and then I will locate it for you. TEST. TEST. TEST. That is all we do in life. Test ourselves, our wives, our education, our knowledge, our skills. Its bad enough when we test ourselves, but it sucks when other people that do not know us have to do it.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
At the suggestion of a member on another thread, I have buried some gold and silver in a location likely to contain none. The ground is non-mineralized.

In each of the three photos, there could be; no gold or silver, gold only, silver only or a combination of gold and silver. Silver can only be in one location as it is a single bar (7 gold coins and a 100 oz silver bar).

You can disregard everything farther away than the lone Live Oak near the top center of the photos.

I emailed the locations to BDD in advance of this post. Though he is a proponent of dowsing I trust him to be honest. You will have to trust me on my end.

I have no incentive to be dishonest as it would be to my financial advantage to find someone to locate precious metals at my numerous sites.

Photos are here:
EDIT: No longer posted.

Thanks to those who wish to participate.

Vor

Vor, this was an excellent test based on one dowser's own request and also on the claims already made on this site, but except for Bigdogdad, no one seems interested. That's really confusing to me, as they seem more than willing to tell us about their success finding unknown buried treasure, but can't find known items, even thought I've been told to test these location myself so I can learn how to dowse.

I'm also requesting assistance with a map-dowsing project. At this point, I've narrowed the search area down to just under 2 acres of land that I own, and I'm looking for anyone willing to take a look at the photo and see if they can tell me where the buried water and electrical lines are on the land. These are lines that I buried myself only a few years ago. But, I keep getting told that the area is too large, and that my description of the search criteria is too broad.

I narrowed the area down to just two acres, I told people that there are two buried water lines, one that is active and 4 inches across , and one that was active for two years but has since been disconnected, that there is a buried electrical line contained within the photo, as well as the septic tank and leach field extending from my house. Some of these are even visible on the surface thanks to the disturbed ground. But I'm still being told this is too vague, that it will take so long, and that I'm only asking for this to trick people. ???

I even said that I would mark all of the locations on the map and give it to a disinterested third party beforehand to release after people had made their predictions. I even said that anything else found during the map dowsing that had value would be split with the person that pointed it out.

I really don't know what it'll take....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread