Gold at Silver Park

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Went over to my little silver park today with thoughts of silver after a nice rain last night. Couldn’t find the silver, so I started digging some low conductors. I was happy when I saw this gold ring in the hole(6"). I was really happy after cleaning it up. I think they call these “nugget” rings. This one is stamped 14K and weighs between 6-7 grams. I rarely find gold, so I consider this a good find.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Attachments

• metaldetecting9908a.jpg
    metaldetecting9908a.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
That's a winner to me, hey 6 more grams of Gold added to your collection. :thumbsup:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Nice ring find! Its always a great feeling to pull out rings, especially gold ones!

Nice Gold at Silver park! :thumbsup:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U said it..That is a GREAT Find....WTG :thumbsup:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Are you kidding me? I'd consider that a GREAT find! That ring is awesome!!!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love finding gold, since I mainly look for the old stuff, I look at gold as something that I'll eventually use as a retirement fund, or if some cute little thing really likes it, a gift. You'll make a lot of friends with that one!
CurbdiggerCarl

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta say this one lil thing. YOU DID FANTASTIC, I would be ever so thrilled to find that.. super congrats to you big time. :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
WTG Thats a fantastic ring. I have yet to find a nugget ring but I am workin on it. Congrats
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
pointdlr

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for the comments!!! I am not really adding to my gold collection, this is my gold collection. I have only found 3 gold items in my first year of detecting: 1)1970 class ring that I returned and barely even got a thank you. I know this sounds bad, but it was such a bad experience that I doubt I will look for the owner of the next one I find. 2) A small gold 14K charm of a bug. 3) Nugget ring.

I am a silver coin hunter, and rarely even dig the low conductors. I have gotten pretty good at determining the nickels and digging them, but I don't understand the gold tones/pull tabs. I dug this one b/c it just sounded funny. I was thinking 2 nickels stuck together before I dug it. I also dug it b/c I heard a high signal nearby, and wanted to get it out of the ground so I could find the silver. Sometimes you just get lucky......
Pic of returned class ring included.

Regards,
Jon Dickinson

Attachments

• knappclassring1.jpg
    knappclassring1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 248
  • knappclassring2.jpg
    knappclassring2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 248

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread