Third Silver in 3 tries

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Don and I went back to the 1904 house to continue the hunt that was previously disrupted by the yellow jacket wasp attack and had a bit of success. I am proud to say that we found a third silver in as many hunts. A 1939 Merc. Also managed a couple of wheaties, 1956d and a 1944. Found the second small compact rouge container in really good condition. And no I did not use the dried up stuff on the inside. :tongue3:

Not really sure what the small brass bar is but it does have some writing on it. Sorry pic is not clear but it has the words
Patented May 184? and continues on down with several other patent months and dates in the 1840's and 1850's. Kinda strange, some sort of patent plate possibly.

The button(sorry blurred pic) is a replica of Maria Theresa, Thaler coin from Austria. I guess she was the Duchess there from 1740 to 1785. Never saw one like that before, maybe some of you guys and gals have? All in all it was a "waspless" hunt...I got rid of them with some spray. The nice homeowner appreciated that. It was the least we could do for a yard that revealed another nice silver and kept our streak alive. I hope Captn Se approves! ;D HH all and be safe out there. jgas

Attachments

• third silver 1.JPG
    third silver 1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 339
  • third silver 2.JPG
    third silver 2.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 338
  • third silver 3.JPG
    third silver 3.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 337
  • third silver 4.JPG
    third silver 4.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 342
  • third silver 5.JPG
    third silver 5.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Jgas,

Looks like you squeaked another silver out of the ground. Nice Job!!
Is it 2 against 1? You said "we" in your reference to silver. That's okay...I'll take on both you and Don. ;D ;D

Congrats on your finds!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, there's a lot of bee stories going on around here lately. :-X Glad ya got back. Congrats on that silver! 8) And I bet MM would love to have found that rouge container! ;D

Super finds, JG!

Nana :wink:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver...Gotta love those mercs.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the replies all.....Captn...Well it was me and Don on the hunt that day. Didn't think I was even going out that day sooooo never charged the batteries and did not have spares. So he detected(my detector) and I dug. So I guess that is two guys digging for the price of one...Unfair I know, but still managed a Merc! How's that 22nd and 23rd day coming for ya? Hopefully the streak stays alive.... :thumbsup: jgas..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions