GOLD HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP RING!!!!....UPDATED!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Re: GOLD HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP RING!!!!

This is a really incredible and special find. Congratulations to bcboy for finding this ring and for making the banner.

I do feel bad, though, as bcboy didn't get the opportunity to break the news himself to the owner of the ring who had lost it so many years ago. That is truly a special thing that I look very forward to being able to do someday when I find a class ring at the beach or in a park somewhere.

Amazing story though, and very cool that the hockey player registered and posted about his lost ring.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Welcome to TN chows26 (Mark). I hope you will stick around. You might like it here. Great members and a great hobby. Great story bcboy.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000

I just got home and am pretty amazed at all the responses and making banner which I never though I would. I really am excited and best of all I now have Marks contact information and can get the ring back to him. This is awesome. Thanks very much for your help "zaxfire69". No worries about contacting him befoer me, Im gladd you did and now Mark can get his ring back. I showed his name in one of the pictures figuring someone would help out and thats great. The sooner the better. Ive been trying since I found the ring last Friday, which was January, 29th. I left an email with the Kamloops Blazers but have not receive a response yet and tried Canada 411 for a name search but nothing. I knew it was just a matter of time and here it is, six days latter and thanks to "zaxfire69" for his contribution Mark will get his ring back. I called Mark and left a message on his answering machine and hope to talk to him soon. Thanks again eveyone and all the best.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.

Who knows maybe Mark chows 26 will get a metal detector and join the hobby? You should get both the banner and a honorable mention out of this it really is a great story that should get the attention of the national press. :hello2:
This is the type of stories you would hear about on Paul Harvey. Lets' see where did put Oprah Winfrey's number?

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

Reading all of this makes me proud to be a treasure seeker, great story!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh Man BCBOY...I am so glad you are able to get the ring back to him. Plus I am really happy that I could help you out. Thank you for being so kind to me. I was afraid you would get upset with me trying to help you out with the research end. I saw your post this morning and just started looking. I got lucky and found a post on the internet that showed his address. After that I then used my Iphone that has an app that looks up phone numbers. I thought this is to good to be true. His was listed. Called the number all else is history. If ANYONE ever needs me to help find anything just let me know. I am willing to help anyone with anything. After all that is what I joined Treasurenet for..BCBOY I am still in shock..Man do you realize that you found a ring lost 22 years ago and were able to find the owner after all those years. What are the chances of that...You are the man...Keep up the good work..Let me know how everything turns out. Your friend...Zaxfire69 of Mississippi!! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just WoW! :notworthy: I had to read everything posted on this thread! And boy was it worth it! What a great read! Congratulations on that beautiful find, and extra congrats on it being returned to the owner! (Awesome research, Zax! :icon_thumright:)

Nana :)

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

After all the gold, diamond, Roman, etc., finds posted almost daily, I find this story the most inspiring and uplifting, from beginning to end, with a great final scene still to come. As an almost daily MDer, there are a few items on my long list yet to find, and I just put at the top this experience, next to a gold coin hoard, of course.

Thanks to all the players in this beautiful story, and hope it gets some national press coverage as well, as it deserves.

To Mark,.... "For the loser now. Will be later to win."...... by B. Dylan.

To bcboy & all,...... "An important aspect of attracting what you desire in life is giving. The law of ten-fold return says that for every hour you spend helping someone, you will receive 10 hours from the Universe in return. For every dollar you give away, you will receive 10 dollars from the Universe in return. It might not come immediately, but it will come."

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is super cool!! My wife is from Pittsberg and loves the penguins. Awesome post that is going to have a great ending! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cdltpx said:
Who knows maybe Mark chows 26 will get a metal detector and join the hobby?

I bet he's out there right now! ....or maybe he was all along! Isn't pro hockey the natural progression to swinging a metal detector? ;D

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BCBOY did the Hard stuff. He found the ring. He is the hero in this story. :notworthy:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

GREAT FIND. NICE OF YOU TRYING TO GET IT BACK TO THE OWNER. :thumbsup:

snowskate

Dec 18, 2009
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/ Sunray Probe, Ace 250

Just read through the latest lost treasure mag at barnes & noble and this story blows everything in there out of the water! Congrats on banner and honorable mention!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...

That is a great find and an even greater story, although I am disappointed that the finder didn't get the pleasure of locating and speaking with the owner and someone else felt it was their mission to intervene instead :icon_scratch:

Oh well, least it gets returned and I'm sure bcboy is as excited about reuniting the ring with it's owner as he was when he dug it :thumbsup:

hh,
Brian

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This has to be one of the best story's of the year, if not the number 1.. its great the owner is getting it back.. If i had found that i would of wanted a little help as well... great job finding the owner.. sometimes its not that easy, when the founder called the franchise and they didnt return his call or even looked up the owner for him well done on all of it.. :headbang:

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is this the same guy in the itsy-bitsy spider ads?

Attachments

• kachowski.gif
    kachowski.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,003

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread