GOLD IN CHANGE MACHINE

half dollar bill

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
A few weeks ago I was dumping coins at USBank. I liftedm the lid to check if anything was in the machuine, because people leave buttons.screws, washers, glass, etc in the machine. They close the lid, turn on the machine, and when its finished counting, the machine spits out a slip of paper. They never check to see if anything is left. When I opened the lid, I saw what I thought was a thin washer that somebody had left. To my surprise, when I pulled it out, it was a 14k gold mens wedding ring. It had no initials or inscriptions. I asked the bank a few days later if anybody reported a missing ring. No one had. I had the ring valued for its gold, and it was about 60 dollars worth at the time. Not a bad find for zero dollars.

Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I use a coin machine that does not have a reject slot so I always remove my wedding ring when dumping. I've lost a lot of weight and my ring tends to slip off sometimes. Definitely don't want to lose it.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a sterling class ring in the discard bin once, was able to return in. I've found lots of broken gold jewelry and plenty of loose stones in the debris cups as well. The tellers never want to touch the stuff, they usually just let me dump it in my bag and I sort it later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread