Gold mining and the Teknetics 4000?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always use the Delta for coinshooting or to learn with and trade it in on a gold machine later,who knows you might make a good fnd with the Delta and be able to buy a new Tek G2+ or Racer gold.

supertraq makes a good point and reminded me of one additional drawback to the Delta specifically related to gold nugget hunting. The best gold machines are operating at a high frequency typically around 18khz (like the Tek G2 mentioned above, the Racer Gold, AT Gold, Fisher Gold Bug and others). The Delta operates at 7khz (like all the Tek greek series detectors) which makes it and the even the other higher end Greeks less optimal for gold hunting even if you disregarded the ground balance drawback associated with the Delta.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
supertraq makes a good point and reminded me of one additional drawback to the Delta specifically related to gold nugget hunting. The best gold machines are operating at a high frequency typically around 18khz (like the Tek G2 mentioned above, the Racer Gold, AT Gold, Fisher Gold Bug and others). The Delta operates at 7khz (like all the Tek greek series detectors) which makes it and the even the other higher end Greeks less optimal for gold hunting even if you disregarded the ground balance drawback associated with the Delta.

That may absolutely be true but the Delta does sniff out the gold jewelry; especially rings. I've been killing gold (and silver) rings with my Delta as well as a nice 14K necklace. I found one really small 18K pinky band and it rang out loud and clear. That one wasn't excessively deep though.

One of the 10K class rings I found was really deep (around 8") but the signal bounced all over from iron to silver until I got at least half the dirt out of the hole. Could have easily passed right over that one.

I realize that jewelry is different than nuggets because it's not pure gold but it's still a great little all around jewelry hunting machine. A few nice gold rings can surely help pay for a nice nugget hunting unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions