Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Thought this article was interesting enoughā€¦ to share with everyoneā€¦

As science moves forward, here is a new twist in high technology to find AU and other mineral deposits.

Gold Particles in Eucalyptus Trees Can Reveal Deposits Deep Underground
LINK: Gold Particles in Eucalyptus Trees Can Reveal Deposits Deep Underground | Surprising Science

Our advantageā€¦.
Our advantage is firmly rooted in the search of our solar system and of deep space. Developing technology has made great advances in seeing subterraneous deposits of ore on planets in deep space using common chemistry periodic tables, and spectral analysis and X-ray, Spectroscopy as well as, X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometers.. These x-ray instruments are used routinely, as a relatively non-destructive chemical analyses of rocks, minerals, sediments. These same technologies have also been used "pointed earth bound"ā€¦ mapping our globe via satellite. These maps do existā€¦in our Government and the larger mining concernsā€¦ but, are hidden as if they were Aces in a very high stake poker game.

Most of us build our viewpoint and fundamental understanding of prospecting by the use of historic informationā€¦
As we pick through history and old AU tailings piles, looking for historic mistakes, and totally misted areas by miners of long ago. We all hope that armed with our new high tech PI & VLF Detectors that we can see through the Terra firma like Superman and sees what they missed! All of us know "even today"ā€¦ it is so easy to miss targetsā€¦ There is a long list of many reasons fromā€¦ Mineralization, Trash, Hot Rocks, and thenā€¦. Blackberry bushes, Snakes, ticks, all these are distractions that distract us and cause us to miss thingsā€¦ That is a givenā€¦because we are all humanā€¦ the fact isā€¦ either today or way back in the 1800's: "To error is human!" Because of that known variableā€¦ā€¦Today we still all hope that one miners historic mistakeā€¦ is another miners present pay day!!!!

Geology is a global mineral map of time and eventsā€¦
seeing and mapping these mineral deposits and their movement across of our earth's crust and understanding how mineral's like AU are exactly deposited where they are locatedā€¦ "Gold is where you find it!" Long before gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill no one had any idea where gold was and where it wasn't. Those deposits were all located the old fashioned way ~ without the aid of Satellite spectral analysis and X-ray Spectroscopy & X-ray fluorescence (XRF) and without PI & VLF Detectors. Just trial and error "back breaking basic prospecting" one pan at a timeā€¦mapping the streams and valleys and working up hill to the source.

Yet, like todayā€¦ there were High Tech Break throughs even in the 1800's
Many years ago I found a book written by George Hearst a wealthy American businessman and United States Senator, who also was the father of newspaperman William Randolph Hearst. George wrote a very high tech historic bookā€¦ A book written by a very successful prospector that he called "Ore Deposits Related to Structural Features". That book helped prove to meā€¦ that people who think outside the box expanding all available information can create a new perspective that advances deeper understanding leading to major discoveries. All without any help from deep space technologies. The advantages we all have today is light years beyond the comprehension of miners back in the 1800's. If the miners back in the 1800's had the advanced tools that we have today; Our historic map of Gold discoveries that we see today would show a much larger Mother Load and many more major gold & silver discoveries !

Today we have everything at our fingertipsā€¦.Any person that wants toā€¦ look at the physical signs of bedrock Related to Structural Features can do that from high above the stratosphere or 500 feet above the groundā€¦ on Google Earth and also on GPS topographic mapsā€¦ Today we can see further and deeper beneath the ground than any miner ever could back in the 1800's. We have a real advantage that the miners of the past never had. We are very fortunate!

I believe, that even though history has painted a picture of where all the historic gold deposits have been locatedā€¦ A real advantage I believe that is only part of the pictureā€¦. As with all mineral deposits ~ they are scatteredā€¦ some exposed and some just beneath the surfaceā€¦ some discovered and some still yet to be discovered! hiddenā€¦. in areas where we wouldn't even expect it ~ outside general areas where these historic deposits have been located.

It has been saidā€¦ "That all of the easy gold is goneā€¦." But, today, We have an advantages that the miners of the past never hadā€¦. We have these incredible tools to use to look at the bigger picture and expand our ability to go where no miner has gone beforeā€¦ but firstā€¦ we must all think outside of the box.

Recommended Resource Links:
George Hearst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
http://www.bruker.com/fileadmin/use...is_EBSD/Articles/ScAbs_IMC17_2p_en_lowres.pdf
X-Ray Spectrometer
Google Maps for Business

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold is ALSO found on the plants near "hot springs". That indicates that gold is still (albeit slowly) coming out of the ground naturally. TTC

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A house I lived in years ago was surrounded by eucalyptus, the messiest, dirtiest trees I've ever been around. Always dropping leaves and goo, shedding bark and sometimes a giant branch would just split from the trunk and come crashing down. I'm glad their good for something.

OP
OP
GoldCTX

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your reply. When you are out there looking all clues are important. One thing I always look for when I am out in the bush isā€¦ any gopher or hedgehog ground burrows and take a look what they are digging up. In all these yearsā€¦ I have never found a nugget in oneā€¦ But, you never know!

Thanks ,

OP
OP
GoldCTX

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hard Prospector,

Thank you for your Post! Yes I agree , eucalyptus trees are messy, and very dangerous trees. But I will add, Their wood is great in wood stoves & fireplaces (Cut in very large piecesā€¦) They will burn forever with great amount of BTUs and have almost no ash! But what I find most intriguing is the article and Link I posted above: "That Gold Particles in Eucalyptus Trees Can Reveal Deposits Deep Underground"ā€¦. Well, that gets me thinkingā€¦. Koala bears eat only eucalyptus leaves !!!!. So, I guess after reading that articleā€¦ I will never look at "Koala Bear Poop" the same way again!!!

Once againā€¦. Gold is where you find it!

Thanks & Cheers,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions