Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This was a find from a few weeks back...at the beach, dry sand at about 4" deep.

Dan (Captn_SE) tested the diamonds and I was astounded they were REAL! There's 21, set in 3 groups of 7.

I do have a question...the ring looks Gold to me for certain but there's NO "K" marking at all. There's also some very small porosity and looks not to be what I'd buy as a 1st class ring.

Could this indicate extreme age? Or a second quality ring of more recent age? What surprises me is to put 21 diamonds on a poor quality cast Gold ring.

Any opinions?

HH Joe

Attachments

• Gold colored with 21 diam sm.jpg
    Gold colored with 21 diam sm.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 744
  • Gold colored with 21 diam sm.jpg
    Gold colored with 21 diam sm.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 745
Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring find.
More than likely the mark has been worn down on the inside of your ring.
I have married now for over 19 years and my wedding band originally had markings on the inside, but now they have been worn away. My wife has a matching band I know hers are probably sitll there, becasue I am a little more active and rough with my ring.

I would love to know what your ring appraised for.

HH.
Rob

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Joe, those are some nice rings! What is the carat weight of the diamond solitaire in the top row? It's gorgeous, where did you find that one?

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
It,s gold,for sure. I have found many gold rings with no kt stamp. I test them with nitric acid. Then you can have a jeweler test it for kt and stamp it for you. Nice find. Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread