Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
phishisgroovin said:
a head hammer on that trackoe is going to shake the walls of that hole also, i wouldnt want to be in there or near the hole whatsoever with a head hammer banging away at the hardpan.

Parker however is the one that finds the goodies, all season he has been banging his head trying to find good gold, Gramps comes and assesses the area and next minute parker is on the best looking gold ever even better than all the other camps (fred or "Mistake man" todds camp)

I hope so he a good kid !
And works hard never afraid to be leading the way usally doing the work of two men

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know if a Recap is Necessary here, But for those who promised I would

Parker, with the suggestion from his GrandPa thinks he found the Ancient Creek Bed,
and was seeing some nice nuggets. :icon_thumright:

Fred Sprained or Broke his Ankle, if you believe the show,
but pressed on, trying to use the excavators to break through
a layer of Bedrock at the bottom of his Glory hole, with no luck
:laughing9:

Todd decided To truck the Dirt from Quartz Creek, now that "Indian_" has dried up.
and their Claimed take was 200 Ounces.

and next week is the 2 hour live special,
which My guess will either be 1 hour show & one hour live after show.

Or more likely,
2 hour show with Monday Morning Quarterbacking throughout,
which means more fast forwarding for me, to get through the BS Talk
and christie or whatever his name is, flirting with Todd & Parker,
and fawning over old lady :(

Sure, its going to be a 2 hour show, 30 minutes of show & 90 minutes of commercials.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, its going to be a 2 hour show, 30 minutes of show & 90 minutes of commercials.

Yes I pretty much figure about 30 Minutes of them from the Claims, 30 minutes of christie ,
10 minutes of the miners trying to get a word in edgewise, and 5 Minutes of prepared questions
from selected audience members who won a seat in the audience

and that may be generous

Maybe If i think of it, I'll time the claim sites sequences,
as I said, i'll fast forward through the BS in studio.
doesn't interest me if someone left skid marks in the loader,
and all that crap

Last edited:

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
jeff of pa said:
Goes back to the first season, he came onto what was then Todd's claim as an Observer for the landowner.
who he happened to be a good friend of.
at some point he said he wanted the claim & let todd's crew continue to dig for that
"glory Hole". all of a sudden Todd was supposedly late on a payment & it became Freds .

as far as I know there was never a correction made,
that Todd wanted out, so in My personal opinion

Fred is a claim jumber who through his friend, stole the site from Todd

perhaps Todd is better off fort it, But still

TV may have embellished but I don't think you can get around the fact that Fred's hands were dirty in that deal and I also have not pulled for them. Old Man Hoffman removes the overburden working as hard as Fred and then for two season's Fred still compares his clean out to the Hoffman total from first season. Frankly, if you start the day the overburden was removed, I bet his average per week isn't much better than Hoffman's. Fred busts his butt and is very handy but has made his own mistakes out of stubbornness.

Let's compare the three. Fred still trying to strike it rich at approx 70 years old. Ditto for Grandpa Hoffman, just different demeanor. Now look at Grandpa Schnabel AND his son's success and now grandson. Parker is incredibly hard working and driven and exhibits leadership way beyond his Years. He also has a stubborn streak and refuses to listen to his workers at times. Enter Mom, Dad, or Grandpa and he sees the error of his ways, even apologizing at times. He's grown substantially in that area over this season.

All three chasing a dream but who is learning and growing as a leader and miner? I preach to my kids all the time to have a dream and chase their dream but also that preparation is as important as passion. Parker is set for life without gold because I think his reputation will get him a good job if necessary. I know some would say he was set because his family has money but I think it's more about their work ethic, principles, and business savvy that he's benefited from the most.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of good pointers there!

I can't argue with them I'm just not as judge mental about fried as most
Yes he has his faults but we all do . Stubborn yes we all are ! We just find comfort in the ways we have learned

AstroidMiner

Greenie
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gramps makes sence to me: If the bedrock slopes towards the bedrock wall, thats where a channel is likely to be found.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of good pointers there!

I can't argue with them I'm just not as judge mental about fried as most
Yes he has his faults but we all do . Stubborn yes we all are ! We just find comfort in the ways we have learned

I can look the other way on his mining ideas.
and feel he has the right to his opinions there.

But I've formed my opinion on his claim jumping & I can be as stubburn on that,
as he is on his on his way of mining :coffee2:

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
this show reminds me of my sex life. I get sex almost every day. almost on Monday.....almost on Tuesday.....almost on Wednesday......almost on Thursday........................and so on!!!!!!:dontknow:

AstroidMiner

Greenie
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this show reminds me of my sex life. I get sex almost every day. almost on Monday.....almost on Tuesday.....almost on Wednesday......almost on Thursday........................and so on!!!!!!:dontknow:

HAHAHAHA ..... This is definately not a chick show
I think you're taking the term "Motherlode" the wrong way :p

Last edited:

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if a Recap is Necessary here, But for those who promised I would

Parker, with the suggestion from his GrandPa thinks he found the Ancient Creek Bed,
and was seeing some nice nuggets. :icon_thumright:

Fred Sprained or Broke his Ankle, if you believe the show,
but pressed on, trying to use the excavators to break through
a layer of Bedrock at the bottom of his Glory hole, with no luck
:laughing9:

Todd decided To truck the Dirt from Quartz Creek, now that "Indian_" has dried up.
and their Claimed take was 200 Ounces.

and next week is the 2 hour live special,
which My guess will either be 1 hour show & one hour live after show.

Or more likely,
2 hour show with Monday Morning Quarterbacking throughout,
which means more fast forwarding for me, to get through the BS Talk
and christie or whatever his name is, flirting with Todd & Parker,
and fawning over old lady :(

Thank you Jeff for this recap. I hope you'll give us a recap of next live episode because I could not see it.

roc

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re Fred ,
I kept thinking the Same GG "Dynamite".
although I stand by my hope he's finished.

and I don't feel his pain over his Stubbed toe.
(yea I said it :laughing7:) I think he's faking the broken ankle

Fred is a tough person, and he wants to know what is there down this ancient fall. Only dynamite can do the job. My guess is they'll use dynamite the rock wall and find the mother lode. Just a guess.

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes back to the first season, he came onto what was then Todd's claim as an Observer for the landowner.
who he happened to be a good friend of.
at some point he said he wanted the claim & let todd's crew continue to dig for that
"glory Hole". all of a sudden Todd was supposedly late on a payment & it became Freds .

as far as I know there was never a correction made,
that Todd wanted out, so in My personal opinion

Fred is a claim jumber who through his friend, stole the site from Todd

perhaps Todd is better off fort it, But still

In the season 1 aftershow, we saw Todd and his crew plus Fred meeting at Sandy,Oregon. They were speaking about Porcupine when Fred said :"I want to mine Porcupine with my own crew.". Very surprising! Imagine you were Todd. His answer must have been :"Well, this is my claim and I want to do it with my crew". But Todd reaction was bizarre. he said :"Guys, could you let me alone with Fred." Then they were speaking alone and we don't know what they said exactly. Then Todd went to Klondyke in search of another claim. Then Fred phoned to Todd saying he wanted to talk to him, man to man. Todd asked why, but Fred didn't replied because he wanted to speak to him directly.Then we saw Todd and crew coming back to Porcupine when Fred came to mine and told them he had bought the claim. My opinion is that Todd knew that Fred had bought the claim from Earl Foster the owner, when they spoke in Oregon. That's why he searched another claim in Klondyke. I cannot believe he did not phoned to Earl. No payment of the lease was not a good argument. So, Todd knew Earl decision. That's why he came with only one crew. He could not mine the two claims with just a crew. He had already decided to go to Canada, but his crew did not know that. That's an usual behaviour of Todd.

We could predict what happened when Earl Foster came with Fred and another guy to visit Porcupine. Earl was probably aware what's going on there. He leased his claim for 20% share. What he saw in Porcupine made him think not to continue with the Hoffman. When interviewed at the end of his visit, he said : "There are millions dollars here. I"ll probably ask them to go". Earl as any owner wants to get the more fom his claim. He saw after weeks that the Hoffs got only some ounces. So, he reacted as a normal owner.

Why did Fred bought the claim? He asked Earl many times for that. Now he had confirmation there was gold after Jack dug the glory hole, and had no problem to convince Earl to sell it the claim. Was that a fair thing to do? I don't think so, but as long as Earl will not tell the exact reasons of hus decision, we are not able to know what really happened behind the walls. We have just to guess.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think everybody has the right to ther opinion on the matter but

It's is my view : if I was Erl foster I would have been pissed on my cut for the first year ! Now I know it was Todd's first year but any other mining crew would have brought 20oz to the table as his cut but he ended up with 1.4 instead . I would have put the boot to them a lot sooner than he did . But he sent Fred to help these boys and Fred got the door shut in his face any other crew in there first year would have tuck there tail and went to school but not Todd and his crew with no experience ! They didn't even want to talk about why he wanted to do the things he did . I think Erl pulled the plug and any good business man would have . It's a good claim and he had no interest in training folks to be gold miner!!! He old and got better thing to do I with his time . So from that pointe if Fred had the opertunity to buy it and the money he did what any of us would have ! Bought and run it himself ! At that pointe how many of y'all would have put it back in Todd's hands? No way for me ....
I think Fred got a bad wrap because it made for a better show !!!!! He surly didn't claim jump
And the only reason Todd went there the next season was because Fred made him a offer for the equipment if the was plant still worked .
Why ? Because it was never winterized at the end of the first season .
Like I said Fred did nothing wrong he didn't rob the Huffman crew . Thatmwas just the added drama to make people emotionally involved and it worked!!!!!

AstroidMiner

Greenie
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with G1sam. Its a shame they feel the need to manipulate situations, but what do I know about running a TV show.
I think calling it the "Motherload" is also misleading, because motherload means "the source" If they called it the "Gloryhole" it would give it away. So I guess its down to Parker or Fred as to which one hits major paydirt.

...... And it bettter be at least 4,000 ounces :D

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AstroidMiner said:
I have to agree with G1sam. Its a shame they feel the need to manipulate situations, but what do I know about running a TV show.
I think calling it the "Motherload" is also misleading, because motherload means "the source" If they called it the "Gloryhole" it would give it away. So I guess its down to Parker or Fred as to which one hits major paydirt.

May be wrong but I think it's mother lode referring to the lode source meaning where the gold is,coming out of the ground in lode form.
It,has transformed over the year to a meaning of great riches of,gold

I really hope it's Parker but hell huff mans are at 700 oz and that's a mother lode to me so who knows what there talking about
We will some thou

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the season 1 aftershow, we saw Todd and his crew plus Fred meeting at Sandy,Oregon. They were speaking about Porcupine when Fred said :"I want to mine Porcupine with my own crew.". Very surprising! Imagine you were Todd. His answer must have been :"Well, this is my claim and I want to do it with my crew". But Todd reaction was bizarre. he said :"Guys, could you let me alone with Fred." Then they were speaking alone and we don't know what they said exactly. Then Todd went to Klondyke in search of another claim. Then Fred phoned to Todd saying he wanted to talk to him, man to man. Todd asked why, but Fred didn't replied because he wanted to speak to him directly.Then we saw Todd and crew coming back to Porcupine when Fred came to mine and told them he had bought the claim. My opinion is that Todd knew that Fred had bought the claim from Earl Foster the owner, when they spoke in Oregon. That's why he searched another claim in Klondyke. I cannot believe he did not phoned to Earl. No payment of the lease was not a good argument. So, Todd knew Earl decision. That's why he came with only one crew. He could not mine the two claims with just a crew. He had already decided to go to Canada, but his crew did not know that. That's an usual behaviour of Todd.

We could predict what happened when Earl Foster came with Fred and another guy to visit Porcupine. Earl was probably aware what's going on there. He leased his claim for 20% share. What he saw in Porcupine made him think not to continue with the Hoffman. When interviewed at the end of his visit, he said : "There are millions dollars here. I"ll probably ask them to go". Earl as any owner wants to get the more fom his claim. He saw after weeks that the Hoffs got only some ounces. So, he reacted as a normal owner.

Why did Fred bought the claim? He asked Earl many times for that. Now he had confirmation there was gold after Jack dug the glory hole, and had no problem to convince Earl to sell it the claim. Was that a fair thing to do? I don't think so, but as long as Earl will not tell the exact reasons of hus decision, we are not able to know what really happened behind the walls. We have just to guess.

Another thing are the leasing laws. Did Todd have a contract with Earl? Don't know. What the law say when there is no contract? When there is no contract, the general rules of leasing are applied. So, we'll never know. Discovery must be more clear about those facts. But we can say that Todd had a good decision going North because he made better results than Fred in season 2. If he stayed at Porcupine, he would not have made as much gold as Fred. Another reason why he went North is that he probably realized that mining at Porcupine is not very easy; machines break often and you use a lot of gas oil.

TexBaby

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.....

I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

This season has dragged on twice as long as past seasons with added interviews and behind the scenes, and I grew restless and wanted to move it along, so I started searching several months ago for 'motherload' spoilers. There are very few out there, but I've read from multiple sources that Dakota Fred hits the motherload.

We know they have all exceeded their goals (except for Todd), but I believe he will just make his goal by the end of the season. Moving forward I would love to see Dave Turin replace Todd altogether, but they gotta keep Jack. He's one of a kind! Guess we will find out this week for sure if the spoiler(s) were right.
:hello::hello::hello:

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think fred should magiver a bearing sea set up in that hole. 6" + hot water = 8 hour dredging. I just keep waiting for the divider between his hole and that creek to guve way...praying it dont happen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread