Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EldoCoGold

Jan 12, 2013
Shingle Springs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I sure hope he's not that stupid but he's sure made,some stupid choices over and over and over on the show from day one the show started .

I don't see how Dave can sit there knowing that tod would have only pulled 7oz in his third year.
If it had not been been for Dave and his crew. But Dave gives him way too much credit some times the truth hurts but it might be what makes him grow up!!!
But truthfully I think Todd really does not give a rip about finding gold it's all about the show to him.... He thinks he's some kind of American hero .

And the drama man sure showed his face ! Crisco or what ever his,name,is he sure is all about stirring up the crap .
He does all he can too play these guys against each other. Sure would be cool to see one of them turn and knock the crap out of him.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it, the show I want to see, e.g. "The motherload", is not on until tomorrow AFTERNOON. Tonight we learn the end of year tally's and other crap in a two hour live special. The last episode must be horrible if they are burying it on a Saturday afternoon.

looks like it's a rerun of Friday nights episode without the in studio BS so they are
re titling it & calling it new

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recap for rocamadour, et al

Parker at the big Nugget started at home at the table with his old lady
on him over bills, which gave it away he was going to meet his goal,
as she was Crying poverty over $45.000.00 (30 oz needed)
while Grandpa stood there looking amused.
( probably had twice that much in his sock :laughing7: )

onto Emerson Trench he tries to get it but they say he hit bedrock & the Sluice Box Froze Solid.

Later we hear He closed his grandfathers Mine for good & something about going to the Yucon

=== TOTAL for season : 161 Ounces $307,000

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Fred was still trying to get through the bedrock & decided to dig
out his ramp down to the bedrock.
when he got his excavator stuck he gave up, & abandoned the Glory hole

Dustin decided to do 2 hours with the Sluice he bought 2 weeks ago,

=== TOTAL: 153 Ounces $260,000.00

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

TODD
everything at Indian River was frozen so Jack decided to Cut trees And build a gigantic
Bonfire in the pit to thaw ground.

Later we find out Todds precious Trommel was bought back by the manufacturer,
repaired and sold to someone else

& Next seasons shows Todd & some of his crew are going to South america

=== TOTAL 803 Ounces & $1.28 Million

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Todd was with no surprise declared the finder of the mother load ( Da :tongue3: ) we knew that
from the piles of gold on the table in the studio & before the show even aired

OK the studio :

they were smelting a little bit of the gold for drama in the studio of course.

Crisco* Doyle had his beer in front of him & was slurring his voice allot.
although Todd didn't have a beer showing, I got the distinct feeling Todd was just as Pissed.
some here think coke, never crossed my mind till now. perhaps that's why he's really in south America
for next season:laughing7:

I couldn't stand the in studio crap, tried, but ended up FF thru at least half of it
so can't recap what Freds doing next Year,
What Parkers Grandpa had to say,
nor Dave , the old lady at Freds, or any of he other players for that matter,
but seems to me nobody lost

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a joke. At least now we know how Todd's crew was able to work for 40+ hours straight. A little dope will do wonders I guess! Twitch a little more you loser.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope next year's show become "shows" with a separate one for Todd, so I can skip it (of course it is like a open bag of potato chips on the table hard to say no even though I know they are not good for me)

Parker and Fred's new claims look interesting, Fred's more so to me because Parkers looks more like simply enough heavy equipment to move enough ground.

Overall I was dissapointed in the live episode, except when grandpa came out. I will record and watch the episode this afternoon

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tod didn't have a cold. His behavior on the show was completely different from how we have ever seen him. Twitchy, sniffy, jumpy and hyper. He was high if ever I saw it!

I like Parker pairing up with Swede up in the Klondike. I thought it was hilarious when he tried to snag the entire hofman crew on the show and doyle was obviously pissed and kept shutting him down.

I hope Tod gets taken hostage by guerrillas in South America.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It almost seemed intentional to me.. As in fake. And it worked. The Internet is buzzing about it.

Or maybe it was real? If he starts losing weight we'll know. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It almost seemed intentional to me.. As in fake. And it worked. The Internet is buzzing about it.

Or maybe it was real? If he starts losing weight we'll know. :)

there is a possibility he was just in a foul mood also.
I know I wouldn't have wanted to be there :dontknow:

but then I hate going places where they want to look at me and ask me questions.

ad cameras & doyle I wouldn't have made it

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok from Todd Hoffman
Ok I'm not snorting coke. Lol. My inside of my nose is on fire. I caught something in South America. I went super high in the mountains and slept in the dirt in a horse barn. It never went away. I'm going to the doctor. I went to some rough places. Sorry my nose is twitching but I'm on lots of meds including malaria pills. Of course I'm just a fat kid from Sandy Oregon, I'm not Matt Lauer. Hahaha. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

https://www.facebook.com/goldrushtodd

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The final show was a complete dud. I did like the bonfire and I enjoy Grandpa. I am happy Parker covered his expenses. All that work and break even. However, after the year long promise, there was no Mother Lode that was teased over and over. The overall best moment of the show was Parker trying to hire Todd's crew. I have no interest in Todd the idiot in South America. I doubt I will watch next year. Don't like Fred, but respect his son.

Drake

Dec 29, 2006
Am I the only one that noticed our very own David Emsley from this forum was the guy in back smelting?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting that most came up with a "he's on drugs" response..guess that's just
a sign of our "modern times". Actually, what I noticed was his right eye twitching, almost
like he was wincing from pain, or even like a Turrets type of twitch that would be more
prevalent in a stressful situation.

Could well be that if he was taking all that medication then adding a few Henry's
in with it just aggravated the condition, but I seriously doubt he was stoned. As
a grad. of Multnomah Bible College, he might be a bit on the "Liberal Christian" side
of things, but I just can't see the man risking it all by doing drugs. Booze maybe,
but drugs no. JMVHO, of course.

That jackass of a Producer sure messed it all up by trying to create drama where it
didn't exist, and wasn't going to. At every opportunity he was digging for "dirt" on
any of the cast so he could use it to add more fake tension, and I think he wasted
a real opportunity to show the better sides of these men and women (don't forget most
of their wives were up there too). By the end of the show the producer was gasping for
drama, and every one of the guys showed more class and never gave him what he
was after. Could have been a great show about the people involved, and he really
blew it by wasting the time being an asshat.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one that noticed our very own David Emsley from this forum was the guy in back smelting?

& I was wondering how many bars went in his pocket :3barsgold:

Just Kidding :laughing7:

No unfortunately I wouldn't have known him :( but thanks for the note :notworthy:

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Am I the only one who wouldve been happier just watching them dig and run the washplants for an hour every week? I give 10 craps about drama, thats what lifetime channel is for.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with dizzy and 419, should have more mining less fake drama. Christo is idiotic for ignoring all the good qualities of these men and focusing on things the audience doesn't even care about. And I'm a little upset he didn't let anyone talk at the end, I actually wanted to hear what the miners had to say but they kept getting cut off! Hopefully next season they replace christo doyle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread