Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuttn' new there as the kid Parker shines,even with a thief in camp. Todd ignorant and clueless as usual and fred's karms continues to bite his butt. What else is there to do when it 40 outside. As I've said from day 1 ..come on Parker and make your righteous grandpa proud for VETERNS DAY as he is one cool ol'cat and he's a piece a that legacy-tons a au 2 Parker---John

I'm guessing since the TV crews are following everyone to the bathroom,
the only ones with privacy are the TV crew.

I have no doubt who took & Hid the gold to create drama

Even Freds son mentioned on Thursdays show, they are always telling him to
create some drama and yell more.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I'm sure the contract says the camera Crew & editing have final say no matter what

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you think there WAS any gold missing on the Parker farm?

I say probably not.

Perhaps long enough to get Parker to fly off the handle,
but the producers probably cleared everything up before he went as far as to fire the guy

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now we have some drama worth watching. Parker giving a foot bridge for Fred to use. Way to go Parker, paybacks are hell and had Fred not jerked Parker around on the switchgear he may have a bridge he can cross with a vehicle. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup at the end of the show Fred says he is going to get even, is he going to blow it up or where those welding rods and he is going sabotage the bridge, seems like a real sweet guy.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Parker and Grandpa are the best part of the show. Todd... they should give him a new name "Wrong Way Hoffman"

Fred just comes across as a nasty old guy. It may well be editing, but...

GoldHunter24k

Nov 9, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing goes on TV without mass amounts of planning and scripting. Almost nothing is left to chance because chance doesn't make good TV. Scripted drama does. I watch it knowing it's been set up but I still enjoy that fact that there even are shows out there about gold mining. Even if the show was all fiction, i'd probably still watch it. It is kind of irritating though that it took them almost 2 seasons to find a tiny bit of gold. There is no way they will be able to pay for all this equipment with the kind of production they have. I bet at one point the producer is just going to dump 1000 ounces in the dirt so that they can "find" it. Still entertaining nonetheless.

Can someone fill me in on what happened at the end of the last episode? I was a bit preoccupied. So Parker was going to tear up the bridge and Fred and his son were mad because he didn't want to give them access. Then did he ended up giving them some sort of access right? All I saw was Fred pissed off at the end and saying that he was going to get even. What did Parker do?

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Parker took out the bridge but they needed to unbolt it so that it was in 2 pieces length wise, they moved one to the side to make a temporary bridge, however they just put it across the stream now way to drive over it, you could walk over it. and then on the other side there was a stream with a 2x8 across it, Fred wasn't happy.

JohnGalt

Nov 4, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I guess I did not really see the problem. Do these guys really need to get back/forth so often. I get the feeling once they get gold mining, they rarely stop to pee, never mind eat. With enough of a "heads up", which it seemed like they had, they could certainly have enough fuel and food to last the seven says (they seem to more whining then gold prospecting anyway). I can see wanting egress in case of emergency, but for that we saw helicopers are available for scenic views of the snow pack. I think we are creating a little drama, where there is no need. If the show keeps creating unrealistic "problems", viewership will drop off. ......"knock it off".

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But I guess I did not really see the problem. Do these guys really need to get back/forth so often. I get the feeling once they get gold mining, they rarely stop to pee, never mind eat. With enough of a "heads up", which it seemed like they had, they could certainly have enough fuel and food to last the seven says (they seem to more whining then gold prospecting anyway). I can see wanting egress in case of emergency, but for that we saw helicopers are available for scenic views of the snow pack. I think we are creating a little drama, where there is no need. If the show keeps creating unrealistic "problems", viewership will drop off. ......"knock it off".

Exactly! These guys dont leave the claim like we leave work to come home, they live - eat - breathe - Mining and stay up for extended stays, I am sure longer than a week in some cases.

Also, when do they expect the bridge to ever be repaired if not during the mining season? There is a reason why the conrtact gives them 7 days to replace it or put a temp vehicle bridge in because they cant do it during the winter.

The temp bridge that Parker put in was just out of spite, your telling me that they could not level the area it was going first and then push and compact soil to make a level landing for the platform of the bridge to line up with?
Your telling me that Fred couldnt do it on his side either? BS. Drama. Scripting.

You did get to see the fact that Parker is still just a kid though when he was at it with Freds son, making goofy voices, arguing like a kid, getting butt hurt and making goofy faces just like a kid does when he is "fighting" with someone, lack of respect on his part there. That did not seem scripted to me, why would you want to make yourself look like such a total "power drunk" child on Mainstream TV.

He wants to cry that they are a community up there but he is acting like a dictator, one nation under Parker.
He should have worked with Fred to make that half of the bridge a proper temp bridge like I said before.

I can see why they could not build a temp bridge first because it would have cost too much as you can see how they tie down the bridge beams to the road.

Also if Fred decides to vandalize the bridge (temp or new) I would think that there would be a heavy price to pay, maybe being booted out of there never to return.

Lastly, why did they need a new bridge anyways, that one looked only years old, the deck looked good and the nuts were so damn clean and void of rust.
Anytime I see anyone take an old bridge out they are fighting rusted and locked nuts with anything they can from heat to brute force and the deck is usually about ready to fall apart.

I dunno, this whole bridge thing seems like it was put into play, maybe without Fred knowing but still it could have ALL been scripted on parkers side and the producers.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker took out the bridge but they needed to unbolt it so that it was in 2 pieces length wise, they moved one to the side to make a temporary bridge, however they just put it across the stream now way to drive over it, you could walk over it. and then on the other side there was a stream with a 2x8 across it, Fred wasn't happy.

Yea I loved the wobbly board across the creek, & fred having to crawl up on the other one too :laughing7: Too Funny

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see that "Mega-Trommel" in action. Of course if Todd's crew is going to be responsible for the set up it will likely be one problem after another and take another episode or two before it's bug free.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......Porcupine creek is virtually on the outskirts of town,they make it out to be some remote area but it isnt...Alska speaking.One issue I see is going 10 days with no fuel..........I am all the way with Parker though,I would have done the exact same thing!!!!!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred really came off as a scoundrel waving that knife around acting like a vindictive old coot. And I have to say that if Parker had taken the high road instead of lowering himself down to Fred's level my opinion of him would have been elevated.

I'm not sure which one one of them was acting the most childish, but I'm sure the producers were very happy with both their performances.

Either way I'm Looking forward to next weeks episode of the show that never ceases to be mediocre at best. :tongue3:

GG~

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
"Lastly, why did they need a new bridge anyways, that one looked only years old, the deck looked good and the nuts were so damn clean and void of rust.
Anytime I see anyone take an old bridge out they are fighting rusted and locked nuts with anything they can from heat to brute force and the deck is usually about ready to fall apart."

Seems like I recall that because of the heavy run off, the footing on either side had partially washed away. The same span will be used, after the footings are poured. That is why they didn't want to lose either piece, because it was never in the plan to replace. It was somewhat confusing, as earlier they elluded that they were going to replace not repair. That is what I recall....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread