Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Lastly, why did they need a new bridge anyways, that one looked only years old, the deck looked good and the nuts were so damn clean and void of rust.
Anytime I see anyone take an old bridge out they are fighting rusted and locked nuts with anything they can from heat to brute force and the deck is usually about ready to fall apart."

Seems like I recall that because of the heavy run off, the footing on either side had partially washed away. The same span will be used, after the footings are poured. That is why they didn't want to lose either piece, because it was never in the plan to replace. It was somewhat confusing, as earlier they elluded that they were going to replace not repair. That is what I recall....

Ahh ok, yeah I can see how that would be the case, did you get a look at how fast that water was moving when they were in the boat?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep that water was whipping, and probably freezing to boot.....

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I get the feeling once they get gold mining, they rarely stop to pee, never mind eat. ".

Are you kidding? The entire crew takes a helicopter to the nearest resort nightly and is lavished with the wine, lobster, foot rubs, back rubs and to have their family with them. Remember it’s made for TV.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If what they said on the show is true, none of this drama makes sense. The contract is not with parker, it's with his dad's construction firm.

The dad comes down to explain what's going to happen.
They take the sections of bridge down to remove the abutments.
Mean time actor and film crew come in to film scene complaining about access.

So there's going to be a big blow up and it will be filmed to look like Parker's dads firm relents and installs ramps up to the temp bridge.

Just like it happen that day anyway...

Blow up the bridge? Did someone really suggest that?

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
i for one am glad todds in alaska. safer for everyone in the lower 48. this isn't gold mining it gold whining. what happened to jacks no guts no glory.:laughing7: happy thankgiving to everyone dave

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i for one am glad todds in alaska. safer for everyone in the lower 48. this isn't gold mining it gold whining. what happened to jacks no guts no glory.:laughing7: happy thankgiving to everyone dave

jacks " no guts no glory" turned into "won't be shooting a bear with a BB gun" :(

I'm really getting tired of hearing Todd say that over & over too.

actually I liken it more to "giving a nuclear weapon to a grade school bully"
it may do the job but he'll never figure out how to use it before he kills himself :laughing7:

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually Todd is in Canada .... but still not far enough away :tongue3:
Happy Thanksgiving

Episode 4 "Battle of the Bridge" in case anyone missed it.....

Last edited:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Seems that Parker --BORROWED-- 150,000$ from gramps this year. and Todd had a investor come out and denounce his way of mining, thought maybe he would take back his machines so Todd wouldn't continue?????

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems that Parker --BORROWED-- 150,000$ from gramps this year. and Todd had a investor come out and denounce his way of mining, thought maybe he would take back his machines so Todd wouldn't continue?????

I don't or at least didn't think investors work that way.

My belief has always been an investor invests money, & If gold is found the investor gets a % equal
to his share. if the miners make Millions, the investor wins, if the Miners make a couple thousand the investor looses. :dontknow:

But no "Backsies" :tongue3: am I wrong ? I think all an investor can do is move on & invest somewhere else, or cry in his beer.

Did investors ask for their money back from Mel Fisher every month that went by without progress ?

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
They could sell the equipment, to recoup monies invested, however a large portion of the investment is fuel and operating costs. So if they are not recovering any gold, they would pull their operating budget and keep a larger portion of their investment. JMHO

Edge2sharp

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
I think your right to an extent Jeff but the investors I have been around on other projects ( not gold) can pretty much pull the plug so to speak. Like they dont just usually give them one chunk of money for everything...they might just not give them any more money when they come a calling for more. And in some cases they can liquidate the machines to get some back...you notice how in years past on these shows they always say they are running out of money and its taking 5k a day to run the mine...haha... they are getting money from somewhere

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, just a reminder that all those big trucks and most of the other toys are leased for the season not bought. They talked about that in an after show special.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...and by the way it is motherlode not motherload, ijs.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also remember that Discovery Channel has alot to say in the entire matter. If Discovery is making money from advertisers you can bet these so called miners will get what they need. It's all about $$$ and having drama each week to keep us viewers coming back. Kevin you are correct that the equipment is least. Not sure that Todds Trommel is least as the opening show they made mention it was a million dollar Trommel. Dave Turin was totally against Todd spending the $$$ for that Trommel.

Last edited:

Gork

Dec 13, 2004
I just got word by way of the game warden (who is a friend) in Dawson City, Yukon Territory, the Klondike, about a bad situation. After the freeze-up in the Klondike and all the miners pulled out (including me) a grizzly bear started at Goldbottom Creek and moved up Hunker Creek and over the ridge to Allgold Creek trashing cabins and anything else it came across. It started at Millar's mining operation on Goldbottom by trashing one of his cabins. It then moved up Hunker Creek to the mouth of Mint Gulch where John Ericson's trailer is. It total trashed his trailer. It then moved on to the right fork of Hunker Creek and proceeded to trash everything on the right fork. My cabin was about the only one it didn't trash. Although a grizzly could probably get into my cabin, I built it with security in mind. The bear then moved over the ridge to Allgold Creek and trashed many cabins there before it was finally killed.
I haven't heard yet if the Gold Rush boys got there area trashed by this bear, but their area isn't far from me and Allgold Creek.
The mining office doesn't have some of their contact info, so I am going to have to notify a few. Especially the niece and uncle I featured in the January issue of the International California Mining Journal. They had there RV tore apart. The bear ripped off some outside paneling first and then ripped off the door. Inside, it did its work and I'm afraid the RV won't be livable when they return next season. Still getting messages from my friends in the Klondike about it.
A bear at our cabin on Hunker Creek this summer

Attachments

• Bear at Cabin.JPG
    Bear at Cabin.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 511

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, its called "Gold Rush". not build a bridge. What a disappointment. Then lots of brand new equipment getting tore up. What we dont see is gold. I am finding better quality videos on utube right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread