GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would of LMAO to see that brand new wash plant laying on it's side when they moved it! Like Dave's loader is going to stabilize that top heavy unit?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would of LMAO to see that brand new wash plant laying on it's side when they moved it! Like Dave's loader is going to stabilize that top heavy unit?

Yea Loader , Truck & wash plant all laying over simultaneously would have been a good Chuckle :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just as ludicrous as when they have a semi hauling some massive piece of equipment get "stuck" on the muddy road and they hook up an F-150 and viola! The tiny truck pulls them all up the hill. BS! :BangHead: Stupid, scripted, advertising, BS just like everything else with Toad's operation.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, they were hoping nobody would remember they had 2 more buckets already :laughing7:
I'll bet the new Washplant is owned by the company who bought the property and are letting Toad's crew use it, in exchange for moving and setting it up. Next spring they can walk in and be ready to operate. :thumbsup:
I remember at the start of all this, how everyone shut down when the snow started, and even everyone left town for the winter, they couldn't even hire someone to help. Now they are running until they destroy equipment with ice. How are they cleaning, prepping and staging the equipment for the winter when they run so late in the season?
It's just more scripting would be my guess.

I know there are steam powered machines that can melt frozen ground to mine and if they had one I wouldn't be surprised in fact I'd be surprised if they didn't have one. There is plenty of cold weather machinery equipment available too for those with a budget. I don't watch the show just speculating on the late in the season thought you had:)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold weather machinery is fine, but they can't work without water and you can't change the laws of physics. Fresh water freezes at 32F, and once ice becomes frozen INSIDE something, it's done. Ice expands 8% larger than it's original liquid volume. Pumps, housings, and hose couplings don't stretch, they break. It also becomes a royal PIA to try to winterize your equipment when you are fighting the ice, snow and temps to get it done.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold weather machinery is fine, but they can't work without water and you can't change the laws of physics. Fresh water freezes at 32F, and once ice becomes frozen INSIDE something, it's done. Ice expands 8% larger than it's original liquid volume. Pumps, housings, and hose couplings don't stretch, they break. It also becomes a royal PIA to try to winterize your equipment when you are fighting the ice, snow and temps to get it done.

I have to say i forgot about that part well mentionned.....................was wondering why a dredge couldt run 24/7 365 i got my answer now...

RR

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when do they do the reclamation? It looks like they are out of time.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when do they do the reclamation? It looks like they are out of time.

what you see & hear on screen are not in actual order.
Notice in the one scene snow is coming down & laying everywhere.
so they run to the Neighbor. When they get to the Neighbor.
it looks like spring outside :laughing7: I'm not saying weather can't change that fast.
I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised by creative editing for drama.
I think the extra plant was an ad that the Neighbor had one for sale.
or just a decision late in the game to make it look like
they needed it last minute and not earlier in the season already.
they were probably already in reclamation mode when the snow was flying.

Last edited:

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what you see & hear on screen are not in actual order.
Notice in the one scene snow is coming down & laying everywhere.
so they run to the Neighbor. When they get to the Neighbor.
it looks like spring outside :laughing7: I'm not saying weather can't change that fast.
I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised by creative editing for drama.
I think the extra plant was an ad that the Neighbor had one for sale.
or just a decision late in the game to make it look like
they needed it last minute and not earlier in the season already.
they were probably already in reclamation mode when the snow was flying.

Or tony's wife finding the extra buckets sitting in someone's driveway being used as flower pots. Nevermind the buckets he took off to shorten the chain so it would stop slipping off. I'd call it creative editing but whoever is in charge is lacking a bit of common sense or thinks the viewers are not to bright...

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lmao when they slide bucket on and say how it fits perfectly. Duh it came off that dredge of course it fits

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
there is alot of buckets used is flower pots up there,i dont know how many sizes there are.
brad
Or tony's wife finding the extra buckets sitting in someone's driveway being used as flower pots. Nevermind the buckets he took off to shorten the chain so it would stop slipping off. I'd call it creative editing but whoever is in charge is lacking a bit of common sense or thinks the viewers are not to bright...

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there is alot of buckets used is flower pots up there,i dont know how many sizes there are.
brad

I believe it, but them looking for spare buckets when they had some they had taken off earlier in the season was ridiculous. Unless they gave the buckets they took off away and whoever got them used them as flower pots then minnie found them again but assuming that would be going out on a pretty big limb.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the quick facts (popups on the bottom of the screen) from the past said that Tony had some buckets specially cast for his use using one of the old ones as a template. I am guessing that the broken bucket(s) was not the first one for the season and maybe they ran out of spares which necessitated finding some used ones or...maybe these were actually spares and they dramatized the whole thing. Whatever, I still enjoy the program and just sort the wheat from the chaff. To me, the BS about handling the rattler was one of the worst dramatizations and surely put in since a vast amount of people have never seen any in the wild let alone know how to handle them. I don't tolerate any found in my yard (3) but dozens seen in the desert were just shooed off or avoided but if they really scared me, they are dead.

Last edited:

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, Parker kicked ass, but the old man stole the show.

Surprised Todd didn't get more running 2 plants and all that dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread