GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Tonight show was interesting. It is the end of Loser Toad and his crew. Next season, they are moving to another state, so it is not over for them, yet.
I am simply amazed at the stupidity in his decisions. They find good gold in the Yukon.. So they go to Guyana and lose their ass. They go back to the Yukon and have another successful season. So they go to Oregon.... Repeat...

Buckingham311

Dec 23, 2016
Roberts, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be crude to you, but it's no less true. How many people (millions!!!) sitting around watching these shows, living pathetic lives. They grow up in artificial cities, buying prepackaged food, being driven around in other peoples cars, working paper jobs, and never ceasing to try to impress their fake friends. That's at least half the people of this country. They are alive without ever truly living. They thrive on drama, create drama, and relish watching fake drama.

I'm new to the whole Treasurenet.com site, but I would of thought that there wouldn't have been such sensitive people on here having their feelings hurt about a very truthful comment made. These shows continue to run and go on because of a lot of people who don't have the motivation and drive to go after a challenge. Good for you Jason and speaking your mind.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hoffs are moving to fairplay, that at least holds some promise for some good gold

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The hoffs are moving to fairplay, that at least holds some promise for some good gold

I've found gold just upstream and just downstream of where they are now digging so it's a good guess they'll find something. Despite this I'm sure Todd will F it up multiple ways.

He is already lined up to be fined by the state of CO for expanding the mine site without a permit. The hearing is in Denver later this month and I expect he'll get slapped hard. Wonder if they'll show THAT on TV!

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found gold just upstream and just downstream of where they are now digging so it's a good guess they'll find something. Despite this I'm sure Todd will F it up multiple ways.

He is already lined up to be fined by the state of CO for expanding the mine site without a permit. The hearing is in Denver later this month and I expect he'll get slapped hard. Wonder if they'll show THAT on TV!

Any chance you can run their tailngs?

ratled

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a lot of hating going on for this group..make no mistake its a lot of editing done by discovery and their scripts. I bet they knew going in the ground i oregon was crap.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how much tonys dredge lost from the sluice issue? Probably at least 5k a week as they found in the sluice extension. Maybe that explains the random gold i find in spots that doesnt make any sense at all, past miner error??

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't care less about Hoff, whose Trademark is putting the "Id" in Stup-Id Id-iot. Don't go away mad like your crew has done a few times, just go away. For a running start, and without further intervention or ado, may I suggest a mercifully short lifetime supply of meth?

(Disclaimer: Apologies to those whose friends, acquaintances and loved ones who have grievously experienced the aforementioned.)

If Dodge City was Featured *and* Logic instead of Drama was used to capture Gold and Viewers, I'd be a happy camper.

Barring that . . .

It will be nice to see what the long-range logistics are for not one, but two Viking dredges harvesting bucketfuls of Gold from nether-lands, and what that may portend for even a third dredge on what is currently dig-dug at other nether-lands.

And, of course, how Schnabel's short/mid/long-term math adds and subtracts, here and eventually there, wherever there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder how much tonys dredge lost from the sluice issue? Probably at least 5k a week as they found in the sluice extension. Maybe that explains the random gold i find in spots that doesnt make any sense at all, past miner error??

They mentioned 2% loss in the old sluices, although with the large take they are getting, that can be quite a bit! 2% of over 200 ounces a week! But wait, one day to install new sluice- now only 6 days of dredging, now they lost 28.5 ounces because they where down- takes over 7 weeks to make up for that one day down- better to repair it in the winter. But I forgot, they need some drama in the show- so that is the real reason they installed new sluices.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TOAD.png

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
dont they have to to reclaim the land,or do they just walk away?? brad

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They mentioned 2% loss in the old sluices, although with the large take they are getting, that can be quite a bit! 2% of over 200 ounces a week! But wait, one day to install new sluice- now only 6 days of dredging, now they lost 28.5 ounces because they where down- takes over 7 weeks to make up for that one day down- better to repair it in the winter. But I forgot, they need some drama in the show- so that is the real reason they installed new sluices.

Good point Actionman:icon_thumleft:
What I found odd was that because they found gold toward the bottom end of the lower sluices they replaced the lower ones instead of the upper ones that were letting the gold into the lower sluices in the first place :dontknow:

Not saying that the lower sluices did not need replacing, they looked pretty rough.

GG~

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night, the show was interesting. We all knew what was coming. We had advance notice that they was going to move to another state. Freddy told Loser Toad that he was coming back. Toad knew Freddy plans to go else where for another claim. But, Freddy owns the claim not Toad, and Freddy wants at least 50% of profits. It was not real when Toad was crying and that he claim that it was all over for him and his daddy.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night, the show was interesting. We all knew what was coming. We had advance notice that they was going to move to another state. Freddy told Loser Toad that he was coming back. Toad knew Freddy plans to go else where for another claim. But, Freddy owns the claim not Toad, and Freddy wants at least 50% of profits. It was not real when Toad was crying and that he claim that it was all over for him and his daddy.

All lies from the producers. The colorado claim is filed under Toad's 316 corporation, so toad owns it. There is also no such thing as "we're packing up this equipment and leaving in the morning." Oversized load transports require route requests be submitted to state highway depts who then give them the route, the dates AND the milemarker time hacks to meet. Everything on this show surrounding toad is completely fake.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Why wasn't the Hoffman crew regularly sampling the raw paydirt as they were digging? Considering the cost of fuel, maintenance, and supplies in the Far North, moving that much material to recover a couple of dollars per ton was quite a waste.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread