GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With about 50 million viewers this show isn't going anywhere. Todd being an idiot and losing his ass is what started and carried the show. This thread alone has almost 90,000 views and almost 1100 posts and according to the posts here every year Todd is done and yet he and the show returns next season. Once the focus groups turn on Todd it might change.

The Discovery Channel is the Studebaker of the this gold rush.

Happy New Year everyone

ratled

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With about 50 million viewers this show isn't going anywhere. Todd being an idiot and losing his ass is what started and carried the show. This thread alone has almost 90,000 views and almost 1100 posts and according to the posts here every year Todd is done and yet he and the show returns next season. Once the focus groups turn on Todd it might change.

The Discovery Channel is the Studebaker of the this gold rush.

Happy New Year everyone

ratled

Only because most of the people who are watching this show are fat-arsed couch potatoes who have zero understanding of mining, prospecting, or anything outside of a city. Their lives are fake, and they enjoy fake tv because it's all they understand.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can bet that Toad and family are being paid well by Discovery. Toad goes to bed each night knowing he has screwed over his workers yet his bank account continues to grow much larger than the cast. All cast members are paid and the gold they get is divided so they say, not sure I would leave the old man alone managing the gold, but again this is reality TV and who really knows what is going on. Every year Toad manages to have bigger and better equipment. Goes to show you that Caterpillar, Volvo, MSI, Pioneer Pump, Etc. want their equipment to be shown at all cost while supporting such a loser.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your comment is a RUDE comment at best!

How is it rude Russ? Do you think I was referring to the members here? No, I was not. Those who understand mining are a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of the total audience of this show.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a crude remark!

May be crude to you, but it's no less true. How many people (millions!!!) sitting around watching these shows, living pathetic lives. They grow up in artificial cities, buying prepackaged food, being driven around in other peoples cars, working paper jobs, and never ceasing to try to impress their fake friends. That's at least half the people of this country. They are alive without ever truly living. They thrive on drama, create drama, and relish watching fake drama.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with # 1084 about Toad and his family is being well paid, while his crew have not been pay for four weeks which is outrages. I agree with # 1085, and # 1087 about Jason being crude, and rude. His comments are not only mean and nasty, but full of hate, lies and insults. I enjoy watching people doing things that I cannot do including search for raw gold. He is no expert on what millions of people in our great country do and think. Good hunting and good luck.

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Not everyone is a miner or farmer who raise their own food, most are just hard working people trying to raise a family and get by. Their lives may be pathetic but they do what they have to to survive and they do have some joy and happiness and a measure of success knowing their children will lead better lives for their sacrifices. Lots of little people out there doing the right thing.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
May be crude to you, but it's no less true. How many people (millions!!!) sitting around watching these shows, living pathetic lives. They grow up in artificial cities, buying prepackaged food, being driven around in other peoples cars, working paper jobs, and never ceasing to try to impress their fake friends. That's at least half the people of this country. They are alive without ever truly living. They thrive on drama, create drama, and relish watching fake drama.

Damn Jason...who pee'd in your Wheaties this morning?

Are ya familiar with the term "judgmental"?

I believe people live their lives in a manner of their own choosing,
just as you do, but never felt so superior as to judge them all as having
"pathetic lives".

Please share with us all...how did you get your turds to not stink?

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As bad as the show is for some to watch now it's done a lot for mining, by bringing in new people to try there luck and find out how fun and rewarding it truly is to find your own gold. But I do agree it's getting harder to look past toads bad acting. But I watch every Friday tell something better takes it's place.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Toad and his crew are already mining in another state which will be show next season. I am sure that location is another loser, just like Toad. He gets paid whether or not his crew find enough gold to pay expenses. I believe that all crew members are getting pay from Discover. I do not believe that his crew would work for four and more weeks without pay. They have families to support.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get it Honest Samuel. You don't have to like him, and he is just an actor.

You ever watch a soap opera before? In a soap opera the actors don't get their lines until right before they say them, they were the first generation of reality TV shows. The second generation of reality TV circus shows is likely heavily scripted and you know it is heavily edited. The gimmick of the new reality shows is that they don't tell you it's a soap opera.

Todd hoffman is the modern day soap opera villan, that's all. Dont get me wrong, i like going to see the circus. But there is no profit in getting worked up anout the circus show imo.

That's my perception of it anyways.

Besides, you ain't going to find any gold watching TV.:tongue3:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
they all look like they are doing ok .they all have new trucks and trailers.
The Toad and his crew are already mining in another state which will be show next season. I am sure that location is another loser, just like Toad. He gets paid whether or not his crew find enough gold to pay expenses. I believe that all crew members are getting pay from Discover. I do not believe that his crew would work for four and more weeks without pay. They have families to support.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick out of Tony Beets and crew!! Even though ya can't hardly :censored: follow what the :censored: they're saying. Even the :censored: girl can talk :censored: trash with the best of them!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread