GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what ever happened with Dakota Fred? I liked the idea they had last time on GR before they split of trying to divert that waterfall that would have been cool to follow if they pulled it off, I had read about them having their own private show. Aside from the b.s. and drama he seemed to know what he was chasing at least.

Its really all crap ground that real miners wouldn't even bother looking into...with the exception of some of the gold Tony is getting however seems pretty solid, it is cool to see them firing up that old dredge. With so many of those old relics around in gold country its cool to see it in action, I always wondered how they worked.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd, should hire me for Consulting before digging info.

Especially when throwing that kind of time and money around! No guarantees of course but
that is why they call it prospecting! :hello2:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially when throwing that kind of time and money around! No guarantees of course but
that is why they call it prospecting! :hello2:

There is so much better ground than they are bothering with. Even here in AZ i know a few places easily over $25 per yard large enough for a big operation. The show is about drama not gold

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprised that Dave didn't leap off the wall when Toad barked at him. Toad couldn't find gold if he was in Fort Knox! I liked Tony's tug, just looking at it you could tell it was top heavy and too narrow.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dakota Fred jumped ship as it sinks into yet another loser Toad caper. This is NOT prospecting when you run 1,000s of yards a day, not even really mining, ignorance at it's worst as haul rock all day and no pay is a Toad speciality .....sic sic sic -John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISTORY! I can sum that up in one word-----LOSER!!! Didn't need an hour for that!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are we seeing the end of Toad and company or possibly the end of Gold Rush? Over the years the show has concentrated on failures with the mouse getting his rewards at the end. The actors or miners not sure what came first is living on borrowed time up to this point. This year it looks as though the rewards are not going to be at the end of the rainbow, but being a reality show Discovery may come to the rescue and pepper the final outcomes for all crews.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They've already moved their operations to Alma Colorado and are ready for next season there so we are stuck with them here for 2017 I think.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember the first gold rush show. It was so cute.They were trying to get to Alaska and had a flat tire. No one knew how to fix a flat tire and I lost interest right there. It's all drama.

chriseneim

May 5, 2013
Really Kevin that's friggin awesome we have a cabin up in South Park they will probablydo good next year

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had an vision of the future. Next year, Toad will move his operation to Oak Island. They will combine forces with the Lagina brothers to waste even more money in the biggest joke of a treasure hunting show ever! It will be YUUUUUGGGEEEE!!!!

Heck they could even bring in the "snake island" crew and then they could run around shaking all the cameras and pretending everyone is falling to their deaths down the 10X hole, only to come back after the commercial and there was never a problem.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They've already moved their operations to Alma Colorado and are ready for next season there so we are stuck with them here for 2017 I think.
I believe that they are searching for gold there now. Sad Toad is losing his crew again. Next week, Loser Toad have himself, daddy and two other crew members. Tonight, I learn that the men went 4 weeks with out a pay check. The bad news is that Loser Toad and his crew will be back in 2017 complaining about lack of gold.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just watched last nights show. Can't but comment on what Todd Hoffman said at the beginning of the show, "Friends don't leave friends when their down like this, and Freddy just split on me" but true friends don't lead there friends on a wild goose chase and not have funds on hand to pay them during tough times... Todd does not care that that these men have lives and families to care for outside of Todd's world.

TODD HOFFMAN IS A JERK

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just watched the last installment....little to say but it was hilarious.

Tony spends a bundle building some ridiculously oversized trailer, and
then goes to see if it will fit under the bridge...NOT! For such greedy people
he and his wife sure waste a lot of money..
rofl.gif~original

Toads gold mining career may finally be over. He lost his arse in Oregon
and then went to Colo. where he's losing his ass again.
moose.gif~original

Parker's op is about the only thing worth watching in the entire program,
so, I use the fast forward to skip all the Hoffman drama; no need watching
repeats of what has been see so many times before.

Parker's Aussie girlfriend seems to have disappeared...right along with
Hoffman's crew.

Hate to say it, but without some fresh blood next year I'm afraid we're
seeing our last episodes of GR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread