Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and no, I'm not gonna watch it live. Dvr was the best thing ever invented( well, besides toilets and hot showers)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So are they going to mine in South America during the off season or going there full time going forward? Don't they already have multiple 'Jungle Gold' shows already? There has to be six or seven gold mining shows on TV now...getting alittle too watered down for me.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since they stamped those gold bars they will be on E bay is my guess. 20% over face. Did you notice there were no pickers or nuggets being smelted. Nuggets are worth 35 to 40 % over face sold some in Texas as jewelry gold. One oz. is easily worth 75 hundred.

Other question. When are the tax's due?

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wouldn't just abandon that glory hole would they? That can't be the last of that dig!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
For those here that have run a business the ? has to be "Where's the money?" Especially the Hoffman crew.
With as many guys that crew has, the equipment, the backers the guys are working for wages at best.
One thousand ounces smelts down to maybe 800. What do the backers take from the top? Did I count 12 guys on the crew?
My bet is the crew will make more off the show than the gold. The producers of the show are the real winners.
In terms of percent of profit Porky pine Creek probably has the best chance of making money because they run lean. Remember it's not how much gold but how much overhead that determines profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread