florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Is this area in Orange County. I just got my Permit. I live in North Carolina

My Permit is Good for Orange County Parks in Florida, I believe it covers the Orlando Area. I will be attending a Paid Metal Detecting event at Moss Park on April 11, 2015..goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, permits! As far as I know no permits are required in San Diego county, CA. YET!
I was thinking to do a trip to FL (bucket item) to detect on the beaches there. I guess I better find out more about restriction and regulations there and along the way before packing my detectors.
BTW how long is the wait to get these permits, for FL, do they have one to cover the whole state, or does every town require their own permits?
Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, permits! As far as I know no permits are required in San Diego county, CA. YET!
I was thinking to do a trip to FL (bucket item) to detect on the beaches there. I guess I better find out more about restriction and regulations there and along the way before packing my detectors.
BTW how long is the wait to get these permits, for FL, do they have one to cover the whole state, or does every town require their own permits?
Thanks
No permit on beaches in Florida needed . There may be a tiny beach somewhere that requires a permit I'm not aware of but it would be either extremely rare or its a state park on a beach.
Permits are required in a few counties to hunt parks...

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"stepping on my rights" there seems to be a disconnect from what people think of as their rights and the reality of what that means. Nowhere is there a law guarenteeing a right to do anything with public lands not even access. No Where.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"stepping on my rights" there seems to be a disconnect from what people think of as their rights and the reality of what that means. Nowhere is there a law guarenteeing a right to do anything with public lands not even access. No Where.

Correct. And so long as we're within the confines of the law (not breaking any laws), then we're within our rights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread