got my best find today

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
well today i went to crusaders field again and had a really good day!
i got fed and watered and cru's dad even picked me up a new shovel :thumbsup: thanks again for everything :wink:
crusader even took the pics for me which will follow!

my best find was a beautiful roman brooch, i've wanted one since i can remember and this one sill has the pin on it which still swivels :o
also my first jetton ;D ;D
3 possibly 4 roman coins, one of which cru's dad says is a new variant
a medieval belt mount
and a nice georgian military button( royal artillary regiment)
plus george 11 and a victorian coin
oh! and a 17th century token

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Woody50 said:
shaun7 said:
woody, the things you asked about are..

#1 blank lead token
#2 silver thingy
#3 roman coin (romulus and remus sucking on a wolf)
#4 late medieval belt mount

The belt mount is a nice find I think. Too bad about #1 though. By #2 I meant the sort of coin token second photo on the right side on the bottom. Looks like a funny coin, but maybe trade token. #3, OK now I see it... suck away!

Thanks Shaun, and I bet you are itching to go back!

Yes Woody the Sexfoil (belt mount) is a good example, way above average. I have tons of them & not seen this variant. He had a cracking day, but I sure next time he will crash & burn, thats often the way. Hard to follow good after good, you have to have the odd bad day, right.....fingers crossed :P :P :P :P :wink: :D

CRUSADER said:
Woody50 said:
shaun7 said:
woody, the things you asked about are..

#1 blank lead token
#2 silver thingy
#3 roman coin (romulus and remus sucking on a wolf)
#4 late medieval belt mount

The belt mount is a nice find I think. Too bad about #1 though. By #2 I meant the sort of coin token second photo on the right side on the bottom. Looks like a funny coin, but maybe trade token. #3, OK now I see it... suck away!

Yes Woody the Sexfoil (belt mount) is a good example, way above average. I have tons of them & not seen this variant. He had a cracking day, but I sure next time he will crash & burn, thats often the way. Hard to follow good after good, you have to have the odd bad day, right.....fingers crossed :P :P :P :P :wink: :D

sounds like a challenge :D :D :D :D

i was very lucky though i don't mind saying! but i do like that lobo :thumbsup:

bet you wish it was still in your cupboard, that way i would have too busy digging iron and you would have had all the good stuff!

shaun7 said:
yes woody, i can't wait to go back! (not sure i'll be allowed any more)
i think the thing your talking about is a broken roman coin :thumbsup:
[/quote]
I KNOW FOR certain you will NOT be allowed back...
No, its not the broken roman coin, its this :

shaun.jpg

shaun7 said:
Bet you wish it was still in your cupboard, that way i would have too busy digging iron and you would have had all the good stuff!

Cru is right, most of the time after a top day you go and think OK, I will find again just as much or just as good. And its a kick in the pants when you don't. Happened to me many times.... (I think the next time just paint the coil and put the lobo unit in a backpack. He won't know.....!)

Woody50 said:
shaun7 said:

shaun.jpg

[/quote]

sorry woody, thats the token!

shaun7 said:
Woody50 said:
shaun7 said:

shaun.jpg

[/quote]

yes a 17th C token but too far gone for an ID, so I let him keep it. We could make out Iohn but there are 100s of Iohns.

Shaun7 is welcome anytime on this land as the farmer is easy going. I would have trouble getting any of you on some of the other land (not my fault).

So as long as he stops showing me up, he's welcome. :wink:

But I can honestly say that Dad & I would rather Shaun7 found that brooch than us. We have plenty, not many as good as that, but more importantly it meant something greater to him. That is what counts. Sharing experience & finds is more valuable than greed.

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
Woody50 said:
shaun7 said:

shaun.jpg

yes a 17th C token but too far gone for an ID, so I let him keep it. We could make out Iohn but there are 100s of Iohns.

Shaun7 is welcome anytime on this land as the farmer is easy going. I would have trouble getting any of you on some of the other land (not my fault).

So as long as he stops showing me up, he's welcome. :wink:

But I can honestly say that Dad & I would rather Shaun7 found that brooch than us. We have plenty, not many as good as that, but more importantly it meant something greater to him. That is what counts. Sharing experience & finds is more valuable than greed.
[/quote]

i just hope soon that i will get some land worth doing, i've got my foot in the door :wink:

and lets not forget who got the only hammered coin in the village :wink:

robfinds said:
Nice brooch Shaun, to get your first with the pin attached as well is something special. :thumbsup:

HH- Robert

Exactly right, & something Dad & I tried to drill home. Maybe 20 years later he will look back & think...... wow.......

robfinds said:
Nice brooch Shaun, to get your first with the pin attached as well is something special. :thumbsup:

HH- Robert

thanks Rob, it is my best find so far! if i could bend the pin slightly(which i wont) i could use it on my own toga ;D

it was the thing that i really wanted!......not sure why that thing :-\ but i got one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

shaun7 said:
robfinds said:

HH- Robert

thanks Rob, it is my best find so far! if i could bend the pin slightly(which i wont) i could use it on my own toga ;D

it was the thing that i really wanted!......not sure why that thing :-\ but i got one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah, now start thinking Celtic Hoard.

Shaun, what an exceptional day!! Your Brooch is wonderful with that pin still attached :thumbsup:
(All the brooches I ever find are costume jewelry with rusted pins)

Whenever you and the Crusaders finish a field, the only thing left are stones and dirt. . . :)

Great hunt!
watercolor

shaun7 said:
RPG said:
shaun7 said:
3 possibly 4 roman coins, one of which cru's dad says is a new variant

Nice finds Shaun. I dream of MD'ing in the UK.
Just how old is a new variant? HH Randy

not sure whether its 1700 years old or 1800! cru will know, but its a commemorative, she wolf suckling romulus and remus,bust of roma ;D
Wow. I would love to find something that old. Let me say that again. Wow

:icon_scratch: whats Q-Bert?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back