GOT MY NEW TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 BUT ALREADY HAVING ISSUES

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everyone got my new detector today took it outside to use it laid a penny on the ground ran it over and......it overloads wtf adjusted the settings... overload tried different metal... overloads arrgghhhh dang it i have a 5 day vacation that i worked around so i could use this detector but looks like im gonna have to send it in my at pro headphones are broke so no water hunts shaping up to be a pretty crappy vacation

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The Teknetics detectors can overload on surface coins.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a small iron shovel that i buried a couple inches down same results even on pulltabs any tips did this happen on yours?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Surface coins or coins just under the surface would overload...A feature that I really hated. No reason to do that on coin sized objects.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surface coins or coins just under the surface would overload...A feature that I really hated. No reason to do that on coin sized objects.[/QUOTE

so its a normal thing? dont seem to make much sense to overload on a coin does it have anything to do with it being a lower frequency and being able to go deep

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure why it did it...and it didn't do it every single time but there is no benefit to overloading on coin size targets. It's a deep machine that you can really crank, much like the Fisher F70 but much more stable and quiet.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks i will run it through its paces tomorrow and see what she can do i just got to figure out how high the sensitivity should be

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I normally kept the Sens around 90...one great think about the Omega is nickels ALWAYS ring up 56-57...I've never dug anything else other than nickels with those two numbers. Listen close for soft, deep signals that repeat...almost always a coin.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally kept the Sens around 90...one great think about the Omega is nickels ALWAYS ring up 56-57...I've never dug anything else other than nickels with those two numbers. Listen close for soft, deep signals that repeat...almost always a coin.

thanks alot for the tips i really like the fact that its extremely light and the headphone jack being smaller is a great thing:icon_thumleft:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks alot for the tips i really like the fact that its extremely light and the headphone jack being smaller is a great thing:icon_thumleft:

You're welcome, it is very light and well balanced in my opinion. I wish all detectors accepted 1/8 along with 1/4 inch jacks.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck with the Omega bud.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks alot :occasion14:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From your other post I assume you got her figured out?

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have a link to the Omega 8000 user manual online?

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyThirteen08 said:
Anyone have a link to the Omega 8000 user manual online?

This thing is extremely easy to use and figure out just turn it on and go make sure to watch videos on youtube to find out how it works...keep us updated

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is extremely easy to use and figure out just turn it on and go make sure to watch videos on youtube to find out how it works...keep us updated

I will definitely be watching videos this week,Just ordered my omega from Tom @ MillerMDZ today and he is a great guy to do business with,Cant wait for it to arrive. Big upgrade from the F4 and Delta ive been using.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread