got shorted $860 at TD .what would you do !!!

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
dumped $2000 in quarters and the reciet said $ 1139. i told the girl who was helping me and she got her boss. they said that is what the machine says, so it must be. I said i do this every week and i know how much i have when i start. I told her that the teller who helped me took four bags to the vault. she said that she didnt no if they were all mine. I said one was from the guy before me and three were mine plus the one on the machine that was almost full. 4x 500= 2000. She said the manager will call monday. They took my name and phone number. I said if they have all the coin counted it should show up as a credit to them. I told them this happend at a differant branch two weeks ago with dimes. they sent out all there coin, and they had received a credit from the coin service and they gave me my $ 100 dollars back, it took about a week. I hope this works out, if not it will cut into silver stash. any suggestions would be helpfull. thanks Brian.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
This is another lesson to all of us to keep our ducks in a row.
Or in other words, to know EXACTLY how much we are bringing in..(thank you CardsnCoins).

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Im sure you'll get your money back, but I would hound them to ensure that it gets done as quickly as possible. And if for whatever reason they don't reimburse you I would seek further action. I would have had a heart attack.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Are those quarters all loose? The quarter boxes I've looked at are all in the clear plastic still so the banks use them. That's why I don't see the point of getting boxes where you have paper wrappers unless it's halves where there's no other option. Everyone that gets paper dime and quarter boxes is just wasting their time. Just my opinion.

I have no problems getting rid of quarters in clear plastic. No coin counters around these parts but no problem with quarters. To me, they're like a $500 bill that banks just take without a problem. There's no way I would do quarters or dimes in paper wrappers.

I'm sure you'll get your money back. I just really wonder about the accuracy of these coin counters no matter how convenient they are.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Piledriver said:
This is another lesson to all of us to keep our ducks in a row.
Or in other words, to know EXACTLY how much we are bringing in..(thank you CardsnCoins).
It sounds like treeslayer did know exactly how much he brought in. So, what's the point if the counter shorts you?

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
[/quote]It sounds like treeslayer did know exactly how much he brought in. So, what's the point if the counter shorts you?
[/quote]

If the bank shorts you, at least you can say, "I brought in THIS AMOUNT for counting, and I am short THIS MUCH".

I think banks are very sensitive to claims of fraud, and will respond to your claim if you are persistent, like several have already posted.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your frustration, just the other day I was shorted $206.70 on dimes, hoping i can get my money back, hope all goes well... and best of luck that the bank doesn't "rob" you.

hh!

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
We just went thru this , while still in the bank you need to ask to see a manager on getting the bags counted. If the manager wont help ask for his/her supervisors number because "when it happened to your friend TD had the bags counted and refunded the money". Also remind them this is not some chump change amount.

You may be able to still try by going back and talking to a diffrent manager,but do it NOW while there may be a chance to get those bags counted.

In addition start reading these posts and maybe next time something happens you will know before hand what to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread