Do the Coin Services FIFO?

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone have actual or anecdotal knowledge whether or not the coin services rotate stock? In other words, when they put boxes on the "shelf" or pull boxes off the shelf, do they ship older boxes first, or fresher boxes first?

If it is the former, the silver will keep coming until it is gone. If it is the latter, silver could sit on the shelf indefinitely if the territory does not dip deep into the reserves.

Either way, if a block of CRH'ers in a particular area coordinated the biggest buys of boxes that they could afford, all at the same time, it might unplug the pipeline. Who wants to orchestrate a coordinated effort?

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Coordinated group buys have been discussed at least once or twice here on this board in the last few years. Not sure of any successful outcomes. Good luck.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they do FIFO to some extent in Los Angeles, but its not 100%. My halves boxes are never date stamped anyways, but the dimes i've seen boxes stamped march through July now.

Just last week I had at least 5k in May boxes as well as several thousand June and July.

Hope that helps a little.

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
The product is not perishable. So my thinking is the people that work in these facilities don't really care. They just grab and load. I've gotten bags of halves that never made it to a sort facility. The bag came directly from one bank to mine where I picked it up.

HH

Bentfork

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probrably whatever is easiest for them to grab, they get paid by the hour. hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions