Gotta first yesterday

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the woods where I found my 1899 Barber Quarter yesterday for a quick hunt, and when my coil passed over this thing, it registered 06-47/ 07-49 on the E-trac. My heart was pumping as I thought it was going to be my first half (as it was down about 8 inches).

Well, it wasn't a first half for me, but it was a first vehicle tax plate. I still think it's a pretty cool find. I still have to hit this area hard as wheaties from the teens are still popping out. Where is that dang half hiding though? :icon_scratch:

Oh yeah, and my dad calls me while I'm hunting and tells me he found a 'cool' quarter. He found a 1853 seated at our local park........Frustrating.

Attachments

• vehicle tax tag.jpg
    vehicle tax tag.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 159

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Jon,

As you might know, I'm not much of a relic guy, but that plate has got to be one of the coolest items I've seen found. Goio found a similar one at Washington last year and I was totally envious. I've got a real interest in early transportation methods and that tag is very very interesting. I'd rather find that than a 1917 half. Seriously.

Don't take that with you when I see you because I just might steal it. lol

Great finds.

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, gotta go with Joe on that, it'd have to be a really good half to beat that! Or your Dad's diggin!

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find of the year............ Sure would be one of my fav's.
Looks good and no damage from digging.
BillT.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tax plate is awesome :thumbsup:. . . better than a Barber. . . and just as good as your dad's Seated :wink:

Take care,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread