chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out hunting and I saw this in the yard next door to where I had permission to hunt... I had to go get a picture... it was a part of a rock walll... I can only imagine what the story is behind this gravestone being here and its condition!

Chukers

Attachments

• Stone.JPG
    Stone.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 2,198
  • Stone2.JPG
    Stone2.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 2,186
Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
I was walking along a beach close to where I live and found a recently built head wall to keep back the highest tides. When I got closer the head wall was made entirely of grave stones! The wall was about 12 feet high and a couple hundred feet long. It was a creep site. Turns out that the person who owns the land protected by the head wall owns Hallowed Memorials, a grave marker factory and these were all mistakes and cast offs. Still a weird site.

That would be creepy... I'd like to see a picture of that! Where was it?

chukers said:
romeo-1 said:
I was walking along a beach close to where I live and found a recently built head wall to keep back the highest tides. When I got closer the head wall was made entirely of grave stones! The wall was about 12 feet high and a couple hundred feet long. It was a creep site. Turns out that the person who owns the land protected by the head wall owns Hallowed Memorials, a grave marker factory and these were all mistakes and cast offs. Still a weird site.

That would be creepy... I'd like to see a picture of that! Where was it?

Let me put it this way...it is well north of Texas! It's buried in snow but I drive by the area all the time so I'll snap a pic in the spring...

Is the "S'' missing in Sarah? From here is looks messed up but could be my screen. Interesting find.

I guess there are many reasons why it could be there but that would give me the willies at first. :help:

Lady Liberty said:
I guess there are many reasons why it could be there but that would give me the willies at first. :help:

Yeah at first it did but then curiosity got the better of me so I walked over there and took a picture... the whole area was kinda creepy... there is an old cellar there and rocks piled everywhere... it just caught my attention... if ya know what I mean? Wink wink LOL

Chukers

Check the Obits you'd be surprised how far back they go

for example (wrong state if I go by your profile but :D )
STEWART, Sarah A. (1893) On Tuesday morning, Jan. 10, 1893,at the residence of her son-in-law, William MENSCHINE, in Chicago, Sarah A. STEWART, in her 73rd year. Funeral from Park Avenue Presbyterian church, East End, Pittsburgh, on Thursday afternoon at 1:00.[Source: Pittsburgh Commercial Gazette, Wed., Jan. 11, 1893]

Here in Oklahoma, the Indians still bury in their yards.
The walk going from my back porch to the BBQ is made with granit headstones. One even has
---an Bates.
They are mistakes from a neighbors monument works. He said he can make another cheaper than he can send it back to the quarry and get it erased. They are slick in the rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back