Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone.went to the old showgrounds over the past couple of evening and this place has quite a history and in the 1800,s the local govenment did some strange things.this site was a graveyard from 1852-1856 and when was the local showgrounds from 1860-1955 and to day is a oval and a bike track.some of the areas like the oval and bike track not allowed to m.d, which i didn,t do.the open areas around the carpark and a long the fence line you are this where the grave yard was.puzzled !, I AM TOO the area is elevated and theres an imbankment and a narrow road below.so i decided to work the bank which is overgrown and full of rubbish.there an old hotel that backs onto the narrow road.this where the rubbish must of come from.lots of old stumps and blue stone blocks[1880s street pavers] at one end is a marker that clearly state [there was once a graveyard here and all graves where moved to other sites]got more pics of the area tomorrow.I ALL SO BEG TOO DIFFER THAT THE GRAVES WHERE MOVED BECAUSE THERES BONE PIECES EVERY WHERE. i think the local gov. place this marker here to hide one of the strange things they did in the past and shut their critics up.i going back to morrow and have a swing and this time i am not taking the dog.he wondered off and i had to chase after him.also when we got home he had a piece of bone in his mouth which i didn,t impress me.dogs will be dogs.here are my finds

2 glass bottle tops 1880s three english pennys 1892, 1907,1897 and 2 australian pennys 1917 and 1954 and to token 1936 and 1952 and the dogs find one piece of bone[know idea] and will post some more pic tomorrow

tinpan

Attachments

• WOOH  !!001.jpg
    WOOH !!001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 664
  • WOOH  !!002.jpg
    WOOH !!002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic

Attachments

• WOOH  !!003.jpg
    WOOH !!003.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 661
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i also found this millers lock near the old gate but i don,t think its that old may be 1960s

Attachments

• millers lock001.jpg
    millers lock001.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 641
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone i went for a hour but got dark quick and found 2 more coins, a,tap a sliver plated fork a round glass disk with beveled edge and a little tiny shovel ,a square half pint cream jar. and bits

Attachments

• woo 777001.jpg
    woo 777001.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 622

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a very nice lot of finds....hope you get more of them (minus the bones)

HH
-GC

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
tinpan said:
hi i also found this millers lock near the old gate but i don,t think its that old may be 1960s

Neat little iron-lever padlock— "MILLER USA" w/embossed elephant— and it's actually a bit older than you might think. It was made by the Miller Lock Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which operated under that name from about 1880 to 1930. So, it dates back over 75 years.

It's listed at $10 U.S. in Franklin M. Arnall's book, The Padlock Collector, and might beat that on eBay.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds...That sounds like an interesting place all right. You have really been hitting on some great spots lately. The little glass stoppers are really cool...so there must be the old bottles that go with them somewhere there.....the religious medals are cool too.....WTG

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeKalb33 throws his hands up in disgust a cemetery no less what did your mother teach you TP this is an outrage..........thought id get that in there before some else does.. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
dekalb33 said:
DeKalb33 throws his hands up in disgust a cemetery no less what did your mother teach you TP this is an outrage..........thought id get that in there before some else does.. ;D

Hahahaha....my kids school playground sits right on top an old cemetary that was moved to make room for the school.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Very cool site Tinpan, nice finds too! Take the dog with you today, he may dig up a few gold fillings (take a good pair of pliers too! LOL) Site looks promising for more old coins & cool relics!

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 485
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 504

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are covering alot of ground. Looks like a great site. Good luck going back. Burdie

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone.i mit forget the pliers idea because i don,t know witch pair to take

tinpan ahahahah

Attachments

• confussed002.jpg
    confussed002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 338

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
LOL Tinpan! I think the red handled bullnose pliers will be sufficiant for yankin a few mollars..........theres gold in them thar hills! Just gotta have the right tools to get it! lol ;D (Good dog!!!)

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 311
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 309
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone got a few more coins and THIS INDIAN RELIC must be to keep evil people away [ i wonder if they ment me] lol

tinpan

Attachments

• idol001.jpg
    idol001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 323

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread