Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone.went to the old showgrounds over the past couple of evening and this place has quite a history and in the 1800,s the local govenment did some strange things.this site was a graveyard from 1852-1856 and when was the local showgrounds from 1860-1955 and to day is a oval and a bike track.some of the areas like the oval and bike track not allowed to m.d, which i didn,t do.the open areas around the carpark and a long the fence line you are this where the grave yard was.puzzled !, I AM TOO the area is elevated and theres an imbankment and a narrow road below.so i decided to work the bank which is overgrown and full of rubbish.there an old hotel that backs onto the narrow road.this where the rubbish must of come from.lots of old stumps and blue stone blocks[1880s street pavers] at one end is a marker that clearly state [there was once a graveyard here and all graves where moved to other sites]got more pics of the area tomorrow.I ALL SO BEG TOO DIFFER THAT THE GRAVES WHERE MOVED BECAUSE THERES BONE PIECES EVERY WHERE. i think the local gov. place this marker here to hide one of the strange things they did in the past and shut their critics up.i going back to morrow and have a swing and this time i am not taking the dog.he wondered off and i had to chase after him.also when we got home he had a piece of bone in his mouth which i didn,t impress me.dogs will be dogs.here are my finds

2 glass bottle tops 1880s three english pennys 1892, 1907,1897 and 2 australian pennys 1917 and 1954 and to token 1936 and 1952 and the dogs find one piece of bone[know idea] and will post some more pic tomorrow

tinpan

Attachments

• WOOH  !!001.jpg
    WOOH !!001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 664
  • WOOH  !!002.jpg
    WOOH !!002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder what kind of bone your dog had?? :o (He may of had a good spot to hunt!! ;D If you know what I mean! Take him back!!
I like the idea of taking the pictures as you find them..That is what I like to do! It is so easy to do too! I think the finds look better with a little dirt still on them! Or even better at the work site! I don't like the store bought look too! If I found a gold coin, I would take all kinds of pictures of the area..at least the hole it came out of!! and share them later after I make sure there is nothing left! Nice to look back at the pictures when you get old and are telling your grandchildren about it! ;D Keep up the good work! Keep the pictures coming!! (You should take a picture of the dog!!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread