Great box of...quarters?

Hopper39

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was getting a little tired of edge checking dimes, although boxes have been quite good to me (producing 2+ / box). Although quarters are dogmatically rejected as good use of CRH time, I thought I'd mix it up a little. Glad I did.

Standing Liberty Quarter ender when I opened the box (too worn down to date, can only tell it's Variety-II). I was enjoying my first CRH quarter so much that I almost missed the other Washington silver quarter in the same roll. Which surprised me so much that I almost missed the third one in the very next roll.

#s 4 and 5 before I was half way through the box. 6 & 7 showed up on the back end of the box.

This lovely box (my only) officially makes quarters my most productive denomination - how amusing is that?

Attachments

• IMG_4208.JPG
    IMG_4208.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,873
  • IMG_4209.JPG
    IMG_4209.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_4211.JPG
    IMG_4211.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,909
Upvote 0

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't believing you till the pics :) Fantastic ender and awesome box!

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are some crazy odds man! what a great box of quarters!

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boooyaah!! Awesome score! The SLQ is probably my favorite coin, congrats!! :notworthy:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely incredible. I have NEVER seen a standing liberty quarter as an ender in quarters searching the 2 boxes I did myself :laughing7: or from all the boxes posted by others. (except for one person who has claimed to have found some but never posted pictures)

I think that is considered a mega dream box, as a quarter box with 3+ keepers is a dream box.

Go back and get the rest of the quarter boxes!!! :icon_pirat:

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
That is a great box of quarters !! The best i ever did was 5, but that was from a $1000 dollar bag off a coin counter. There are more quarters out there then we think. HH

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is indeed a great box of quarters!!! Congratulations!!

Quick$ilver

Feb 9, 2011
East Coast
Great Box?... That is an awesome box! I have looked through 12 boxes without finding a single silver quarter and you found 7 in 1 box. Not only did you get 7 but a SLQ. Congratulations and please go back and buy all the quarters you can. You have inspired me to give a few more boxes a try. HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - 7 keepers in one box? That's amazing :thumbsup:

If I could get results half that good I'd be doing quarter boxes every day.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an epic find! Too bad about the rolling machine damage on it, but it was also epic that it was an ender. To use CRHers this would be a banner find...but to the MDers I doubt it would come close. When is the last time a CRH find made banner?

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
That pic has my mouth watering. I asked in a post several months back about SLQ and now here is an awesome example of the super-rare find as an ender. Awesome!

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
Everyone's so hung up on the SLQ...but there is clearly a quarter from 1890 right below it in the box!! Tell us more about that one! :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9:
Very impressive box of quarters - congrats!!!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, for sure one of the best finds on this forum! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread