Great coin shootin today.....5 oldies...one hole

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Had an itch to go coin shootin today and scratched it well !!
First I checked out an old foundation I had spotted while taking the scenic route home the other day. Turns out ,it has been a dumping ground for many a year...didnt even try. It was sick, how much garbage was covering the area. Did catch a glimpse of a little whitetail buck that was bedding there.
With no real backup plan, I stopped at an old ball park that had produced a few older coins in the past.I concentrated my efforts around a few old trees that I had never quite hunted well in the past.Moving very slowly and digging every weak signal, I pulled a surprising number of coins in a couple hours....Eleven Wheats....three mercs , and a silver Rosie!
Having done well here, I thought I might revisit another spot and headed for my favorite old foundation.Ive hunted this spot to death and yet I always seem to find a little more.
Today was no exception.After finding a lipstick tube and a canning jar lid, I got a broken quarter signal tight between two trees.Wasnt too excited because it really didnt act like a coin....boy was I wrong! About six inches down, I popped out a silvcer disc which revealed itself to be a dateless SLQ....very cool. I slipped it into my pocket and swept the hole again...another Quarter signal...yes! I was expecting another Stander but out comes a silver George,,,Ill take it. Now I sweep the hole and get another Quarter signal....no freakin way! I pull out a healthy scoop of dirt and see two small silvers....a 39 and a 41 merc !
Sweep one more time and a broken low tone produces a very nice 36 Buffalo....What a nice coin spill...made my day. Didnt find any more coins after that . Did find an old dress buckle, a large copper tag with a 7 on both sides, a plated fork, and some type of button that says Peninsular...heavy ...maybe from horse tack??
Anyway, I had a great hunt..thought Id share....heres the pics.....
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0006.JPG

Thanks for lookin....best of luck to all.....Joe

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread