GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New Product Photos!

Just wrapped up new photo shoot for our Grizzly Gold Trap product lineup:
Nugget: 26.5" model — great for backbacking and sampling
Explorer: 35.5", 6.5" wide chamber — our most popular sluice!
MotherLode: 35.5", 9.5" wide chamber — keeps two people busy!

Grizzly_gold_trap_sluice_models.jpg

Nugget:
Nugget_prod1.jpg Nugget-Explorer.jpg

Explorer:
Explorer_prod1.jpg Explorer_prod2.jpg

MotherLode:
MotherLode_prod1.jpg Explorer-MotherLode_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a great day with Mike from Wisconsin during his visit to Colorado prospecting with his Explorer sluice.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The sluices look great :)
I hope you swore Mike to silence about your honey hole!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New Product Photos!

Just wrapped up new photo shoot for our Grizzly Gold Trap product lineup:
Nugget: 26.5" model — great for backbacking and sampling
Explorer: 35.5", 6.5" wide chamber — our most popular sluice!
MotherLode: 35.5", 9.5" wide chamber — keeps two people busy!

View attachment 1494147

Nugget:
View attachment 1494150 View attachment 1494151

Explorer:
View attachment 1494152 View attachment 1494153

MotherLode:
View attachment 1494157 View attachment 1494158

Nice looking photo shoot, but I don't know about the empty pans. How about some gold in there

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love how the video turned out Dennis :) And how about those WHITE feet folks? LoL!

Seriously, the GGT Explorer is a genuine improvement over the Bazooka products.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love how the video turned out Dennis :) And how about those WHITE feet folks? LoL!

Seriously, the GGT Explorer is a genuine improvement over the Bazooka products.

Good grief! I did not even notice the white feet until you pointed it out! Get some sun Kevin!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was out on Clear Creek today and as very happy to see how well the Grizzly held onto the finest specks :)

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out on Clear Creek today and as very happy to see how well the Grizzly held onto the finest specks :)
I hope so.....just ordered a Motherlode today! Hope it shows up before the end of the season........

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've still got a bucket of cons to work. From up past tunnel 1 The one I found the pendant in.
And another bucket from the platte. I better git on it

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oneguy,
Your MotherLode should ship on Tuesday - check email for shipping notice and tracking... Enjoy!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oneguy,
Your MotherLode should ship on Tuesday - check email for shipping notice and tracking... Enjoy!

Great...!!!!! Thanks and glad you are getting over startup headaches! I should have a few chances to get out with it before the snow flies(?)............

sandman318

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2017
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2/

Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer

Turbo pan

Le trap Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After Much research and really a journey of discovery going from what seemed like endless variety of one sluice to the next. I have finally decided on my FIRST sluice!! The grizzly GT EXPLORER! Just placed my order now, Cant wait to try this bad boy out and get a few trips in before it gets freezing cold! Thanks for the all the members who have given input on the different sluices on this site it really helped! Was going back and forth between angus mackirk, letrap, boro fold up, and gold hog but finally decided on the GGT. My only concern is i have some very low flow creeks in my part of NC hoping the GGT will be able to handle them. Will post updates after receiving and testing!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After Much research and really a journey of discovery going from what seemed like endless variety of one sluice to the next. I have finally decided on my FIRST sluice!! The grizzly GT EXPLORER! Just placed my order now, Cant wait to try this bad boy out and get a few trips in before it gets freezing cold! Thanks for the all the members who have given input on the different sluices on this site it really helped! Was going back and forth between angus mackirk, letrap, boro fold up, and gold hog but finally decided on the GGT. My only concern is i have some very low flow creeks in my part of NC hoping the GGT will be able to handle them. Will post updates after receiving and testing!

Build a dam, use a small tarp to make it waterproof, drop in the Explorer. It'll probably work fine that way! If not, then an AM or Le Trap sluice is also needed in your arsenal (I have both myself)...always pick the right tool for the job!

sandman318

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2017
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2/

Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer

Turbo pan

Le trap Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Build a dam, use a small tarp to make it waterproof, drop in the Explorer. It'll probably work fine that way! If not, then an AM or Le Trap sluice is also needed in your arsenal (I have both myself)...always pick the right tool for the job!

Awesome idea with the tarp kevin, will give it a try if i cant get enough flow :laughing7:
Was figuring if i went with the letrap or the AM i would wind up buying the GGT later so i decided to get it over and buy the one i really wanted. But like you said will probably end up with MORE!! HAHA this hobby is addicting for sure! Definitely hoping to get some color in the pan after about 1k sunk into equipment. :icon_salut:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You'd be surprised how a gold trap sluice can run with low flow. Of course you need enough. But not a lot more than a traditional sluice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oneguy,

Yeah right! Haven't seen any email with tracking info and no sluice..... I did see where you and Kevin got out for some fun on the river tho? You are a "flakey" biz man at best.... A red flag went up when I emailed you back in june and got no reply. I'd have kept my yap shut on this but it was YOU that decided to come on a public forum to let me know my order would ship on tues. (9 biz days ago) and to look for my tracking info email. That looked pretty good to me and all the forum folks....I thought? So anyways....you guys out there just be prepared to possibly get sub par action from GGT..........

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah right! Haven't seen any email with tracking info and no sluice..... I did see where you and Kevin got out for some fun on the river tho? You are a "flakey" biz man at best.... A red flag went up when I emailed you back in june and got no reply. I'd have kept my yap shut on this but it was YOU that decided to come on a public forum to let me know my order would ship on tues. (9 biz days ago) and to look for my tracking info email. That looked pretty good to me and all the forum folks....I thought? So anyways....you guys out there just be prepared to possibly get sub par action from GGT..........

He went out digging with me because he was waiting on parts to be made at the molding fabricator. Can't assemble without parts. He really is pushing this as fast as he can.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He went out digging with me because he was waiting on parts to be made at the molding fabricator. Can't assemble without parts. He really is pushing this as fast as he can.

I did pizza delivery for 5 years and want to know what the #1 facet that determined repeat business? Wait time VS. quoted time. When someone orders food, they literally put everything on hold and it creates anxiety... it's like being on house arrest because they dont want to miss the delivery and then the guy comes back and there's the possibility its the old cold food. NOW how we handled it was simply give the customer a courtesy update letting them know it was taking longer and why and when they can expect the delivery. If you give a customer a courtesy call, YOU BEST FOLLOW THROUGH or you were better off not calling at all because if you failed a 2nd time on WT VS QT the likelyhood of repeat business drops to less than 15% and thats no good when you are trying to push sales up for bonuses.

#1 advice : Customer perception is reality, even if they are wrong... they are right as long as they are paying your bills.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did pizza delivery for 5 years and want to know what the #1 facet that determined repeat business? Wait time VS. quoted time. When someone orders food, they literally put everything on hold and it creates anxiety... it's like being on house arrest because they dont want to miss the delivery and then the guy comes back and there's the possibility its the old cold food. NOW how we handled it was simply give the customer a courtesy update letting them know it was taking longer and why and when they can expect the delivery. If you give a customer a courtesy call, YOU BEST FOLLOW THROUGH or you were better off not calling at all because if you failed a 2nd time on WT VS QT the likelyhood of repeat business drops to less than 15% and thats no good when you are trying to push sales up for bonuses.

#1 advice : Customer perception is reality, even if they are wrong... they are right as long as they are paying your bills.

EXACTLY......

When I ordered I knew he was having startup pains and I EXPECTED a longer wait time. I posted that I'd just ordered a box. I did not solicit or expect any sort of response either thru email or on this forum about expected delivery. When someone tells me, unsolicited or otherwise, that they will deliver etc. I believe them until proven wrong? No courtesy email or pm telling me one way or the other, etc.

I ran an internet co. by myself out of my home for 13 yrs up until my go-round with the cancer then retired. Almost lost my house within 1st yr of biz, had to take part time work, etc. but finally things worked, biz took off. 50% of my biz was repeat customers and refferals (still get calls today from repeats although I'm out of biz). It was my product and mostly customer service that made the biz successful in the end. Hopefully after this rant(s) on the forum he'll figure out that no matter how good his product may be(?)....in the end it'll be customer communication/service that determines success or failure..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread