Ground Balancing properly w/ T2 SE?

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you guys GB? I have managed to eliminate EMI's, but I'm not sure if I'm GB'ing properly. I push the toggle and pump like suggested. I get either a "pushing" or "pulling" sound from the ground as I pump. Sometimes I get a "push" and "pull" sound. What sound am I looking for when GB'ing to make sure I've done this correct? I am finding great stuff, but I am wondering if I get max depth and I know that GB is important. I have read the manual over and over, I have also tried to find videos on you tube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find much on what to listen for when GB'ing this machine in disc mode.

Last edited:

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try gb'ing in all metal then switch to disc mode

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Turns out I was GB'ing properly. Took it to a local dealer that uses a T2 SE and he said that I had my machine "running balls out".

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Turns out I was GB'ing properly. Took it to a local dealer that uses a T2 SE and he said that I had my machine "running balls out".

Yes, you were doing it correctly. Trust me. You aren't missing anything with the T2. If the coil passes over it, it is found. I don't understand why the T2 doesn't get as much credit as it deserves. The thinnest and smallest metal is found at significant depths. Darn near perfect machine. Just wish it could handle the salty beach.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just purchased a T2 se and i am learning as i go. hey eddie or anyone, what numbers are you running as far as sensitivity,disrcrim,and boostmode. im trying 90 sensitivity o discrim and running in bp(boost mode). im i missing something or doing something wrong. im trying to get max. depth without using the cache mode. any tips would be apreciated.

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you were doing it correctly. Trust me. You aren't missing anything with the T2. If the coil passes over it, it is found. I don't understand why the T2 doesn't get as much credit as it deserves. The thinnest and smallest metal is found at significant depths. Darn near perfect machine. Just wish it could handle the salty beach.

It's a great machine. Love it!!!

ozzie jack

Jan 5, 2013
North West Tasmania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Ltd with three coils
Garrett AT Pro with two coils
Garrett Ace 350 with three coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just remember also you can change the frequency, this does help with ground balance when you in a area that may have emi issues. Just hold in menu button and use toggle switch, i found this helped detecting behind a fire station, it made machine a lot quieter. Also remember to get your phone switched off or as far away from detector, i finding if phone is in right pocket and i using right arm then the iphone makes detector chatter, put phone in top pocket and no hassle.

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
i just purchased a T2 se and i am learning as i go. hey eddie or anyone, what numbers are you running as far as sensitivity,disrcrim,and boostmode. im trying 90 sensitivity o discrim and running in bp(boost mode). im i missing something or doing something wrong. im trying to get max. depth without using the cache mode. any tips would be apreciated.

I have been using the T2SE for about two years and have had the best results running 90 sensitivity, 5 discrim and bp(boost mode). It finds the smallest metal at great depth. I have tried other settings but, this is a great set up! I read about ground balancing in all metal mode and will try that. Enjoy the machine!!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eddie
The way you find the goodies ...i know you are doing it right...you had a Hot summer in good finds...that Capped Bust Dime you found was a bute.
Gary

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you!!

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW... I wanted to mention how important it is to GB the T2 SE properly for maximum depth/performance. I was pretty much correct in my GBing procedure in the time I have been using this machine so far, but I didn't have it finely tuned. GBing in AM is the best way to go.

I start off by setting sens and hum level. I find a spot in the ground that has no objects and pump the coil. I listen for the push or pull sound. I adjust the settings knob until there is no more push or pull sound. These adjustments are VERY slight to get the machine silent. When it is silent while pumping the coil, the machine is perfectly balanced. The difference in performance when properly ground balanced is immediately noticed. Fine tuning like this has helped increase my depth and target separation quite noticeably.

For those that want a short cut to fine tuning, instead of starting off in AM....: Set up machine the way you prefer to hunt in disc mode, push toggle forward/ground grab. Pump coil until the push or pull sound "balances" out or to where it sounds like a radio searching for a frequency instead of a stand out push or pull noise. When the push or pull noise sounds "even out", the machine SHOULD be perfectly balanced. Check this by switch to AM and scroll down to GB. Pump coil. If it is quiet, the GB is perfect/fine tuned. If their is a push or pull sound, adjust settings knob until silent. Hope I didn't make that sound to complicated. It really makes a difference in depth most of all.

Last edited:

cougar jim

Greenie
Feb 7, 2006
Klamath Falls Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites GM3, Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to ground balance in all metal mode and when there is no increase in sound when the coil approaches the ground or pulling away from the ground, I turn it up so I just detect an increase when lowered to the ground. This is called (positive ground balance) It will go deeper when Positive ground balanced. I am a gold nugget shooter and I wan't to hear the tiniest nugget at the deepest depth.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread