Gunning Granny Goes Out In A Blaze Of Glory In Gun Fight With Three Thugs

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck, people with guns are afraid too. Actually, they are probably the most afraid because they know it CAN happen to them. Next time you walk down a street in broad daylight just watch how many people will actually look you in the face. If you were to jump, people would probably freak out and run. Our society is being conditioned to be scardy cat. (Unlike smokeythecat).

Now try to imagine walking down that street with a holstered firearm in plane sight. (not concealed). Would you feel safer?

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i all so agree but her kids should have bought her a machine gun because of her age oh well just a thought i hope they kill them all what ever color they are.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

In 1789 we were a tiny nation huddled on the narrow shore of a hostile continent. We had recently defeated the most powerful nation on earth. A national that would invade us less than 25 years later and burn the White House. We are actively fighting those who came to America first - our longest war (not, as is so often written, Afghanistan).

Today the United States is the most powerful military power on earth. We enjoy domestic tranquility - for the most part.

We are far safer today than the folks who founded this wonderful country.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Wrong. We are closer to TYRANNY than at any time in our history.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now try to imagine walking down that street with a holstered firearm in plane sight. (not concealed). Would you feel safer?

I remember growing up in south Louisiana when it was still permissible to open carry. You could even carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle provided it was visible to an officer approaching your vehicle.

Don't know when it changed.

Grandpa was a bounty hunter (and I don't mean the metal detector) in his younger days. He was always carrying in the open.

At one point after he retired from that life, two Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies came to "visit". He was raising hogs at the time. One of the deputies smarted off about how he wondered if he could drop that hog with one shot. The old man pulled back his duster and told him "Go ahead. But before that hog hits the ground, you'll both be dead." They knew he could do it.

That was the end of their visit.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Just read this on another forum. Happened yesterday. While driving away to avoid a confrontation with burglars inside his house he was shot in the back of the head. Make excuses for THAT.... Rowan Co. volunteer fire fighter shot during home invasion - News 14 "Marco is a volunteer firefighter. His wife is expecting their first child. The couple and the Troyers planned to leave Wednesday for a trip with a prison ministry to share their faith with convicts." On second thought don't respond. I just ate and some of you make me sick...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1789 we were a tiny nation huddled on the narrow shore of a hostile continent.

Wrong,A narrow shore?????The below isnt a narrow shore.I would hate to see a narrow shore populated by almost 4 million people.:sign10:

United_States_1789-03-1789-08.png

We had recently defeated the most powerful nation on earth.

We?Guess you forgot,France,Spain,the Neatherlands (Dutch Republic)who were allies of the 13 colonies since 1776.:icon_scratch:

We are actively fighting those who came to America first - our longest war (not, as is so often written, Afghanistan).

The Afghans came to america first:icon_scratch::dontknow:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NF it's good to be proud of your son. It's a dangerous job that's not appreciated by alot of people. What took me by surprise were your comments that they were told to stand down if they were off duty. Wasn't that basically what you said ? And armed robbery is non violent ? Isn't it by it's nature, the threat of violence or even being killed, why the victim hands over the money ? Armed robbery is not a violent crime... man some of the stuff you post just leaves me shaking my head in disbelief... Selling a little weed is what they consider a non violent crime, burglary even. Buttt.. if weapons or the threat of being injured or killed comes into play it's considered violent crime even if nobody gets hurt. Ask your son if I'm correct next time you talk to him and see what he says. Have a look at this.. What Is a Crime? Pay particular attention to this part.. "Violent Crimes: A violent crime occurs when someone harms, attempts to harm, threatens to harm or even conspires to harm someone else. Violent crimes are offenses which involve force or threat of force, such as rape, robbery or homicide."
I was making the distinction between a robbery where some discretion could be used or a rape in progress or a fight or violent crime of that nature where the duty to act becomes immediate. The situation has already gone down hill the victims are already being harmed. And again, even in a robbery the officer has a duty to act, just not to put his life or lives of others in danger. A robbery is an out of control situation for an off duty LEO. They stand down until they can gain control. That's if they can gain control. or in layman's terms - if they can get the drop on the bad guy - go for it!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I said to be brave and responsible...not stupid. You can always paint a scenario to make your point. Lets not get into that. Lets stick to what happened. They both had guns, and she had an opportunity to defend herself. She decided not to place her life in their hands, by giving in. I applaud that. The result is 3 armed robbers off the street. Who knows how many lives she may have saved by doing that. She deserves a medal of some sort.....but, don't look for it from this administration.
Jim

Jim, i agree, we can always paint a scenario to make a point. With Dot, we don't know what happened, exactly. We know only that three scum bags tried to rob her, she pulled a gun, one robber is shot and she's dead.

With my painted scenario, I'm chiming in, in response to your comment to teach the scum bags a lesson and those here whose macho is having them post that they would not be victims. Read my post again. understand that what i posted is how it goes down. The bad guy always has the upper hand because they've got the jump on you. Their finger is on the trigger while yours are still holding the groceries. Regardless of the when or where that fact is a constant.

As far as fear goes -the feeling of a reaction to an imminent and real threat to your life? I've felt that feeling. Maybe some of you have as well. My description is my own reaction to fear. Again, my point in posting that, is to let those who don't know, that's the feeling you are going to be dealing with as the milliseconds are counting down. A person in that situation is not going to be calm cool and collected. The hormones won't allow that.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
What's also sad when you read between the lines in the story about the old lady being robbed that even though only 1 robber was shot, they are all in custody. Let's think about that... Why are they all in custody ? Because it's extremely likely the one in the hospital gave up his 2 buddies. Now while I think it's a great thing that ALL have been arrested what was the cost ? Was the guy who got shot the killer ? Did he make a deal with the police where he will get off with a light sentence and be back out on the street after a few years in exchange for that ? THIS is the problem, not the guns. Stone cold killers serving short terms and then back on the street to kill again. Robbers, rapists, etc. And that problem isn't a racial thing. It's a court thing. Courts are backed up so judges accept plea deals. Some of you guys love posting statistics. Take a few minutes and research what the percentage is of violent crimes that actually go all the way to trial. I bet the answer will blow your mind. Take it further. What are the stats on how many people convicted of violent crimes are repeat offenders. I enjoy watching the "American Gangsters" series on tv now & then. Last night was an episode about Whitey Bulger. Killed or ordered killed scores of people before finally having to pay for it now when he's ready for the nursing home anyway and won't live long enough to consider his "debt" paid. He would be labelled a serial killer if not for the fact that most of the people he had a hand in killing were criminals themselves. Yet he was protected by the government because he was talking to them about other crimes. Stop playing let's make a deal. You kill someone you get the death penalty or life without parole. I'm not a cop, I'm just an old retired auto mechanic but it's my humble opinion that the fact that these punks know they can commit serious violent crimes and get a slap on the wrist is a big part of the reason they do it. Add to that the fact that prison is no big deal to some of these dirtbags. Half their buddies are there, maybe some family members even, 3 meals a day, tv, free everything, drugs, hanging with other "gangstas" just like downtown, etc. They commit the crimes because the repercussions are no big deal. Yeah it really is that simple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't matter who fired shot, all 3 guility of murder according to the law. If a murder is committed during a crime, all involved in crime are guility...

First one to talk and testify against others involved could get lesser sentence depending on evidence they already have.

I say bring back public executions and hangings...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Doesn't matter who fired shot, all 3 guility of murder according to the law. If a murder is committed during a crime, all involved in crime are guility...

First one to talk and testify against others involved could get lesser sentence depending on evidence they already have.

I say bring back public executions and hangings...

Nothing like a bloody head on a post in your front yard to discourage burglars... :happysmiley: I agree completely with all 3 being guilty of murder. In a perfect world that's how it works. Unfortunately in the real world all 3 will likely be back out one day..

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea that if you give up your money, car or body to thugs, they won't hurt you is a Hollywood fantasy. A few years ago, 6 young adults went into a store where a 30 year old woman was working trying to support 2 or 3 small children. Each one of these adults had a gun and were from families that were employed with the government or school system. She gave them the money and didn't resist or talk back. When they left, one of them shot the woman who he called a white bi*ch just for status.
About 5 miles from there a man closed his pawn shop and took his money bag and headed to his home across the street. 2 thugs robbed him, he gave them all his money and they shot him 10 times, just for status. 1 thug was caught and released on 1,000 dollar bond and lives within a mile of this man and the other was never caught. Amazingly, the man lived but is disabled and has over 500,000 dollars in medical bills. I guess if the pawn shop owner had fought back, the district attorney would have called that a hate crime and set a high bail.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Huddled on a narrow shore:

20120330152936!Population_Density_in_the_American_Colonies_1775.gif

"We" is collective. That is, more than one. Although you correctly pointed out we needed allies to beat the British Empire. That's how weak we were at the time.

I didn't write anything about the Afghans coming to America first.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep thread on topic.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
.Since I cant answer without being off topic ob.I'll leave it as your map is 14 years out of date.Sorry TH.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter Said:
I say bring back public executions and hangings..

I think that was the problem.....we stopped SHOWING people what the consequence was when you did wrong...Now a days you can muder someone and get out with half your life left...BS!

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
What's also sad when you read between the lines in the story about the old lady being robbed that even though only 1 robber was shot, they are all in custody. Let's think about that... Why are they all in custody ? Because it's extremely likely the one in the hospital gave up his 2 buddies. Now while I think it's a great thing that ALL have been arrested what was the cost ? Was the guy who got shot the killer ? Did he make a deal with the police where he will get off with a light sentence and be back out on the street after a few years in exchange for that ? THIS is the problem, not the guns. Stone cold killers serving short terms and then back on the street to kill again. Robbers, rapists, etc. And that problem isn't a racial thing. It's a court thing. Courts are backed up so judges accept plea deals. Some of you guys love posting statistics. Take a few minutes and research what the percentage is of violent crimes that actually go all the way to trial. I bet the answer will blow your mind. Take it further. What are the stats on how many people convicted of violent crimes are repeat offenders. I enjoy watching the "American Gangsters" series on tv now & then. Last night was an episode about Whitey Bulger. Killed or ordered killed scores of people before finally having to pay for it now when he's ready for the nursing home anyway and won't live long enough to consider his "debt" paid. He would be labelled a serial killer if not for the fact that most of the people he had a hand in killing were criminals themselves. Yet he was protected by the government because he was talking to them about other crimes. Stop playing let's make a deal. You kill someone you get the death penalty or life without parole. I'm not a cop, I'm just an old retired auto mechanic but it's my humble opinion that the fact that these punks know they can commit serious violent crimes and get a slap on the wrist is a big part of the reason they do it. Add to that the fact that prison is no big deal to some of these dirtbags. Half their buddies are there, maybe some family members even, 3 meals a day, tv, free everything, drugs, hanging with other "gangstas" just like downtown, etc. They commit the crimes because the repercussions are no big deal. Yeah it really is that simple.

Well said! :icon_thumleft:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I'm not much for watching TV but i love watching 48 hours. Watching these guys track down these killers is amazing to me.

Equally amazing is the stupid crap people get killed for. Like a bicycle for instance! Senseless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread