Had a good day today

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Asked for a box of halves at my favorite bank earlier this morning. Had a seat in the lobby patiently waiting for the vault teller to retrieve my coins. A few minutes later the Operations Manager walks up to me with a box of halves and said he was sorry I had to wait so long and that I could have the box "on the house!"

As soon as I got home I opened the box and immediately noticed there were 12 extra rolls stuffed inside. I couldn't spot a single clad - every roll had double Enders! I counted dozens of Barbers, hundreds of Walkers and 753 Ben Franklins with only 334 1964 Kennedy Halves. I even found 8 or 10 gold eagles in the mix.

Yes, it was a pretty good box. Happy Halloween to everyone.

Half-Hound

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
they made you wait AND gave you a lousy box? I think you should take the coins back and demand another box. Maybe you can at least get one with a few NIFC's. Or maybe just wait and get another box on April 1st of next year - maybe you'll have better luck then. I've heard people sometimes have really good luck on that day every year for some reason.

Either way - good luck - sounds like you could use it. :)

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confusing about Halloween with April Fool's day :icon_scratch:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Half-Hound,
Have not seen you in a while. Glad to see you are still in the game. Miss your posts.

We are old timers. :laughing7:

apush :read2:

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
Obvoiusly some cheery picking at that bank. If that's all my boxes had then they would be my new dump bank!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions