had to call the police

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
hello,all me and the wife went out to a place we have been detecting, as i got a new tesoro silver 2 love the thing. well anyway i got by an old log that had been laying there for years and my detector went off on a old cardboard box so i opened the box and found two craftman battery packs a case with the glasses still in them and a zip up bag from delta airlines so we desided to unzip it and see what we had found wish i didn't now cause it was full of rock cocaine needles,heroine,spoon,lighter,oh can't foget the weed. there must have been well over 100 cocaine rocks and a bag of heroine. so we called the police and they confiscated it.thank god no kids got to this stuff and i know for a fact the local kids play in these woods.after that me and the wife just went home.i am going back on a better day cause this is a nice old spot i have dug two large cents there. "god bless" ben & colleen.

Upvote 0

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rofl.jpg

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that was a very good thing to do...get it off the streets.....! But on the other hand.....it's still found treasure..!

So the question is.......How much is ( was) it worth....?????

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
if it was a dealers,to bad you didnt wait for the trade...it couldve turned into a bag of money! im glad you got that stuff off the street.i wouldnt classify the weed as bad as the rocks or the heroin though. that stuff makes people crazy.yeah be careful ,i think someone will be upset, dealing in that stuff the owner could be unpredictable.im sure the cops will stake out the area.they shoulve started that day(if they wanna catch the bad guy that is) :icon_thumleft:

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009
Im not so sure Id even talk bout it on the internet, anyone can google a mess a words together and come up with much of your post...... :dontknow:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
too bad you didn't find the cash drop $ instead of the dope drop -- someone is going to very very unhappy about their "goods" being taken "unpaid" for --and someones going to "on the hook" for it no doubt ( in the dealers point of view , he might feel "you " owe him for getting into "his bussiness" by calling the cops on him) -- and whoevers stuff it was will want to get "paid" in money or there will be "payback" in blood for said goods (code of the streets) -- so best for you to steer clear of that area for a long long time * say life plus five years .

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bottlecap4t2 said:
hello,all me and the wife went out to a place we have been detecting, as i got a new tesoro silver 2 love the thing. well anyway i got by an old log that had been laying there for years and my detector went off on a old cardboard box so i opened the box and found two craftman battery packs a case with the glasses still in them and a zip up bag from delta airlines so we desided to unzip it and see what we had found wish i didn't now cause it was full of rock cocaine needles,heroine,spoon,lighter,oh can't foget the weed. there must have been well over 100 cocaine rocks and a bag of heroine. so we called the police and they confiscated it.thank god no kids got to this stuff and i know for a fact the local kids play in these woods.after that me and the wife just went home.i am going back on a better day cause this is a nice old spot i have dug two large cents there. "god bless" ben & colleen.

"One Man's Junkie, makes another man Treasure"
I would be very Cautious on a return visit, maybe the law should have left a Business card in it's place.

Nova Treasure

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottlecap4t2 said:

Be careful now, some people are going to be pi*sed & if they find you detecting in there, they may put 2 & 2 together!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You did the right thing. I would stay away from that area for a while (couple of months) so that the drug dealers to not think it was you. You absolutely did the right thing. Stay safe out there.

maxjax

Jan 12, 2009
Oregon coast
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt, Garret 1350
they aren't putting your face in the paper I hope... I would be packing for a while, those scumbags have no regard for anyones life.
great job though. :headbang:

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if you have one in your area but, I would go to any area MD'n clubs in the area and give them a heads up on what happened and tell them to stay clear of that place. Would hate to see something happen to someone that is completely innocent.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also would not like to see you md-ing there for another reason, also.

You wouldn't want the cops to: 1- think about using you as a part of a scheme to catch the guys, or:

2 - think that you were using the metal detector (and the reports) to do some drug deals yourself, if you get my drift. (no, I don't always trust all)

B

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Good job. Definately one spot to cross off you list.... forever. Is you life worth a dug coin, no matter how old? This is a very serious situation and druggies are not folks to be messed with. Do yourself a favor and just stay away from that area. Never know if somone saw the incident go down and may have an id on you. Just someting to think about.

Ray S

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank the lord that you all found that "crap". I'd hate to think of some little kid(s) finding it and fundling with that crap trying to fugue out what it is or what to do with it. You be careful going back into that area because if that dealer who put that crap there sees you working with the detector he just could put two and two together. I thank you for saving someones life :notworthy: :notworthy:.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Draped bust, capped bust, and now drug bust, we have them all here on TN. :laughing9:
Great post, and well done on turning this over to the police. DON'T go back there though.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread