🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored a new permission on saturday. Wandered around a bit and then got a deep squeeker around the copper penny range and i was surprised to pull out a pounded and cut spanish silver. Some type of cob. I think it says 69 where the date usually is. Cant tell the denomination and i gave it to the resident because he sometimes acts as a pirate. These pics were all i could get. It was pretty thick so im thinking more then a 2 reale. What do you guys think?

I also picked up a 1941 washington while i was there but whoop dee do

IMG_1674.PNG
IMG_1676.PNG

Upvote 24

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everywhere but who really knows? A lot of them are holed which means people wore them as necklaces or had them on a lanyard of some sort. So they could have traveled far and wide and dropped them who knows where. Id think you could find some old spots in PA to find these. Just remember the US didnt start minting coins until the late 1700s so any property that dates back to the mid 1700s or earlier has a higher probability of having some of those coins. Ive found plenty of mid 1700s british and spanish coins but to get into the 1600s is pretty awesome. Good luck, im sure theyre out there!
That would be too obvious to steal.(Although I'm sure some did find out the hard way) Most would use the hole to sew them on various places in their clothes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread