Have a Seat Bigrig!!!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
I SCORED MY FIRST SEATED COIN!!!!!!!!!!!It is a 1887s seated liberty dime.The condition is great.Me and knorrski were hunting tonite at a rec center/park that used to be a school from 1850 to 1925 and during WW2 was a dance hall for GI's.We have hunted the park area and the back of the rec center with average success with clad and knorrski found a wheat there before.Wheats are always a good measuring tool for us to define how hard the are is hunted and how old a property may be.Anyways, I went to the front of the rec center and found a wheatie.I started to hunt the strip between the sidewalk and the road when a small boy came up to see what I was doing and the next signal was 4in deep penny/dime reading on my MXT and out came the seated dime!I was and am still in awe.Wasn't expecting it at all.From that moment on I gave the boy all my clad,about 15 more coins.Thanks for reading.I am a happy bigrig!!

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• seated front.jpg
    seated front.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 487
  • seated back.jpg
    seated back.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice B/R!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o WoW :o

Congrats on that GREAT find!!!!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find BR, great condition as well, congrats on that old silver! ?HH, Mike

M

mchamby

Great looking coin and in real good shape for being in the ground, some just hold up better than others I guess. HH :D
Mchamby

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is a beautiful coin. I'm still looking for my first seated anything. Congrats!

Kent

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's a beauty! I'm still hunting for my 1st also.

A

agbonanza

Swe-e-e-e-e-e-t find....there should be more there...keep us up to date....HH

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Re: Have a Seat Bigrig!!!UPDATE

thanks for all the great responses!we are going there again tonite and you never know.I also found but didn't post a pic of was half of a tootsie toy truck(my first tootsie toy even if it was only half)and a 1969d silver coated penny.any ideas on the purpose of it?

thanks again..peace,bigrig

Attachments

• 69 penny.jpg
    69 penny.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 218
R

rvbvetter

Hey!! Beautiful coin!! Which side did you see first? Congrats!!! HH

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
it was in black soil,i pulled out a handful of dirt and past it by the coil and knew i had the item.cleaning away the dirt i saw the edge first and knew i had silver then saw the back and was like DAMN! when i saw the front i about lost it! ;D

peace,bigrig

W

whites6000inPa

That's sure a special find. I have found 5 seated dimes in the last few years....and they are all in Good. That one's in exceptional condition. Take a look at what it would have been worth if it had been an 1882-S. Not to downplay the 87 you found. It's a dandy!

Wyatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread