Heartquest Rocks - ??

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
We loved this find today! At the top of the rock, a viper eating...something. At first we thought it was eating another snake, but the carver here is usually accurate (he must have been quite a naturalist and an artist). We weren't able to sort out all the shapes on whatever is being eaten yet ...maybe a rabbit. And that would make sense since there are poor little rock bunnies getting stuck by owls and squished and trapped under DTs and eaten all over the site. Anyway, under the viper on the top left is an M which forms the top of a fox head, and it appears that the fox's bushy tail has been etched in just to the left of his face. There is more going on on this stone, which we'll try to sort out next time we go.
SnakeEatingSnake.jpg

Last edited:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back, Heartquest. I have enjoyed your photos and your quest.Ii started following it on Old Dog's thread a while back. i'm a newbie at this, so i can't help you much on interpretation, but I like to see the pictures... I posted a couple of things from my area towards the end of Old Dog's thread, if you are interested in looking at them. No where near as spectacular as yours, but....

JB

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Hi SF, Yes I have been viewing them in the last few days. The nice thing about this site is that the carvings are the treasures. :) We haven't been hunting for quite a while, but have some time off to enjoy these monuments now. I'll be posting a few more nice finds.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting to see them. I agree with you about the monuments, they are the treasures. I looked at the pointer rock above my property for 8 years, and had no clue what it might be until I stumbled on this forum and these threads. You have a fantastic area there with many trails and markers. I envy you that.

JB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread