Heartquest Rocks - ??

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Todays Haul, an inbound trail group?

I snooped this area out because it was blank on our site map, but stuff should be there. We've crossed this place a bunch of times, but never saw...now that we've seen it, it will always be obvious. 8-) This is a group of rocks that faces you as you come up the wash towards the site, at a point where there has to be a direction change. Here's me trying my hand at a mark-up. Let me know if you see anything else here.
TrailFace3Bird.jpg 3BirdOnTrail.jpg FlatTrailHeart.jpg InboundTrail1Marked.jpg

Attachments

• InboundTrail1.jpg
    InboundTrail1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 109

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
i would follow the face,because u have been showed it in bigger form and it has the V notch n it for confirmation? just a thought nothing i have done but seems obvious 2 me.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
InboundTrail1Marked.jpg and i think your bird or 3 is on a turtle head,mouth open? would like to see that plumb bob looking thing to the right of winged man.

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello HQ, how far would it be to the crest of the hill in the direction the flying bird is going, lots of things going on here, is it near the 1st site with all the hearts

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Whoever posted the winged man ITS fantastic, what I see is a winged man = two directions a triangle start of three trails, two along the bottom ( flat side ) and one at the bottom of the V, the triangle may be a V that has a rock proping it up indicating it may still have something of interest, thats just a theory of mine. A pretty easy way to check it out is to look for the four compass directions

Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
View attachment 694276 and i think your bird or 3 is on a turtle head,mouth open? would like to see that plumb bob looking thing to the right of winged man.

I will go take a few more shots of that "plum bob". There is another shape just like it but bigger behind the big trap heart in the wash. If you follow theface, that is where it takes you.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Hello HQ, how far would it be to the crest of the hill in the direction the flying bird is going, lots of things going on here, is it near the 1st site with all the hearts

Hi DSTY, yes this group of markers is just a few hundred feet downstream from the big heart at the end of wash.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Whoever posted the winged man ITS fantastic, what I see is a winged man = two directions a triangle start of three trails, two along the bottom ( flat side ) and one at the bottom of the V, the triangle may be a V that has a rock proping it up indicating it may still have something of interest, thats just a theory of mine. A pretty easy way to check it out is to look for the four compass directions

DSTY, are you referring to the face with the hat on? Or the big monument above which looks like Mercury with wings coming out of his helmet? I would not be surprised if there were at least two trails. There are many double carvings...a least 4 of the many hearts we've found are double hearts.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 694276 and i think your bird or 3 is on a turtle head,mouth open? would like to see that plumb bob looking thing to the right of winged man.

I believe that is a turtle head and the large rock to the left is the body. I've seen turtles out in the field that you had to view from the trial to make out the whole concept. I'll post pictures of what I'm talking about....

first picture is a view of the turtle from the trial

the second picture is a view of the two rocks that make the turtle. The large boot and the larger pointer bottom right.

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • boot and.jpg
    boot and.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
HQ, I generally use the 190 ft 1 cordel or 380 for 2 and theres also the 1 /1/2 and the longest that I have found was 420 feet between symbols when working a trail, its possible that the winged man indicates you have intersected the trail in the middle ( two directions ) and one cache is toward the horzonial V, the V may indicate 220 feet. On trails if it is just a head, only one direction to travel, if its a profile or a head and body then there's 2 directions, heart = one direction unless theres something that indicates different. I just use a pace or step generally that gets you close enough. To save some steps, theres a distance locator at walmart that uses infred and they are pretty accurate to bounce signals off of up to 999 feet

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartquest:
Could that "plumb bob" rock have originally been part of that large boulder in the left, rear?? If it was once part of that boulder, then it would be a turtle's head. Notice that big square cutout in the rock in the lower left corner. That is a confirmation mark telling the followers that the nearby shapes have been "adjusted" for the trail. Many large turtles on trails have had their heads broken loose from the body mass by someone trying to tell folks that the goodies have been recovered. But, many trail hunters have come to think that the vandalism was done by more modern "poachers" who are trying to get others to abandon the trail.

Something I've marveled at is the precise, cuts made in the stones to form right angled notches and square notches such as the one in this photo. This one has NO chips and tool marks on the edges like there SHOULD be if they had been made with iron chisels. All of the notches I've seen in the many different photos have this same CLEAN look about them. Look how sharply defined the inside corners are.........clean, 90 degree cuts. How did the Spanish do that?? :icon_scratch:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's the big plumb bob thing behind the heart. Anybody have ideas about this shape? I have seen a few of these.

View attachment 694834

The layout of your site you posted shows 4 heart-owl combinations in the middle of the layout. If this is right by another heart, maybe it's another owl. I've seen owls used like this a few times. The square cutout could be showing direction and also confirmation. I've seen two with the tail pointing left. One pointed south and the other west.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Here's the results of my coiled snake hunt today! Four beauties! The last one has chisel marks under the jaw...they are even, and tiny, and there are many of them...detailed work.
CoiledSnake2.jpg CoiledSnake1.jpg CoiledSnake3.jpg CoiledSnake4.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maaaan, I'll bet the one in the first picture made you step back LIVELY. LOL. That is sure lifelike. Thanks for posting these.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, great photos heartquest. thanks for sharing them. man you have a great site. it must be the king of kings site. amazing.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
We go back to hunt for carvings now and then. This beautiful place continues to open up... Here is a wonderful turkey. His head is top left, set back a bit, the head and beak are so detailed. Not sure it's a turkey but think so. I don't think the turkey is common...seems to have been carved as a flourish. But there is a hidden fox head on his belly. I looked at this rock a long time before seeing the head and putting it all together.

TurkeyTom.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions