Hello Ben! Been looking for you, can you tell me why this brick is beeping?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I told my wife, that today I was going to find big silver. Nothing like seeing Ben Franklin himself, peeking out of the hole, on the 4th of July!:headbang: My first one, check that one off the bucket list!
image.jpeg

My hunt this am was at an old homesite, now a neighborhood park. Never did I expect to find two King George Canadian quarters! One is 1918, the other is worn down smooth, gotta be older. I didn't know they were even on my bucket list, so sweet!
Later on, I found a patch of mid tone signals, was gonna pass them up, but they were deep, ssoooo....
I worked that spill for about a half hour, beep after beep, 17 coins, no clue what they were. Turns out, all 1940's Mexican 10 centavos.... Oh well. Mixed in the mess was a Cuban nickel, or whatever, 1946. Soon thereafter, I got a good hit, kinda deep...target was the redline hot wheels, 1967. Also, my first one.
Ha! I found a lighter, it works! You can never have enough lighters.
So I call last target, and I go back to a hit I had earlier. It was reading up as a dime, but there was a big brick, or something on top of it. I decided that I was gonna win this battle, and I pried that stubborn brick out the way. Turns out, it was part of a chewed up walkway....umm..where did the signal go, wtf? It took a minute, but I realized the signal was in the encrusted mass of junk.... Ooh, there it is! I LMFAO, another big silver! 1942 Mercury... Gonna keep that, just the way it is.image.jpeg

Thanks for looking, and Happy 4th!:hello:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Upvote 28
I told my wife, that today I was going to find big silver. Nothing like seeing Ben Franklin himself, peeking out of the hole, on the 4th of July!:headbang: My first one, check that one off the bucket list!
View attachment 1332730

My hunt this am was at an old homesite, now a neighborhood park. Never did I expect to find two King George Canadian quarters! One is 1918, the other is worn down smooth, gotta be older. I didn't know they were even on my bucket list, so sweet!
Later on, I found a patch of mid tone signals, was gonna pass them up, but they were deep, ssoooo....
I worked that spill for about a half hour, beep after beep, 17 coins, no clue what they were. Turns out, all 1940's Mexican 10 centavos.... Oh well. Mixed in the mess was a Cuban nickel, or whatever, 1946. Soon thereafter, I got a good hit, kinda deep...target was the redline hot wheels, 1967. Also, my first one.
Ha! I found a lighter, it works! You can never have enough lighters.
So I call last target, and I go back to a hit I had earlier. It was reading up as a dime, but there was a big brick, or something on top of it. I decided that I was gonna win this battle, and I pried that stubborn brick out the way. Turns out, it was part of a chewed up walkway....umm..where did the signal go, wtf? It took a minute, but I realized the signal was in the encrusted mass of junk.... Ooh, there it is! I LMFAO, another big silver! 1942 Mercury... Gonna keep that, just the way it is.View attachment 1332721

Thanks for looking, and Happy 4th!:hello:
Oo la la! Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Killer find Dave. Halves are so big when you see them in the ground - it never gets old bro!

Nice job on locating Mr. Ben BigWave. Congrats on scratching one off your bucket list. Thats a sweet looking silver.

It always amazes me when I see big silver being pulled out of public parks that have undoubtedly been hit several times before. Keeps my hope alive! Good hunt!

Congrats on the Bennie. I'm still looking for that particular silver. Keep up the good work.

-Rob-

Congratulations on the Ben Franklin and all the other great finds. Sounds like a great spot.

Cool! :-) congrats buddy!

That sidewalk merc is great . I would rather have that then the Ben

That sidewalk merc is great . I would rather have that then the Ben

So I got home, told my wife that I did find big silver...told her to close her eyes, hold out her hand...
Then I plopped a 4 pound chunk of sidewalk in her hands....she's all W T....?

Congrats on the stellar haul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back