OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
found 45 coins, 3 beings wheaties, at an old aurora house today. One of the wheaties was a 31' so theres gotta be silver there...

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the guys from the Fort Collins club pulled a 1912 (I think) $2.5 Dollar Gold coin last month, and a few mercs and wheats from the same yard.

Oldest I have heard of and seen a couple years ago some Clark and Gruber coins were found in a house foundation, 160 of them, all 1860 $10 gold pieces.

If you want to see some cool caches that were found in the last couple years check out gold and detectors in golden, he has two Caches on display, one a box full of old dimes, mostly mercs, Value about $8000. the other a stash of Silver that was found, about $15,000 worth.

There is treasure to be found in Denver. Its Everywhere, But there are many people with metal detectors who have been looking for decades. its just about looking in the right spots.

OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jewelerdave said:
One of the guys from the Fort Collins club pulled a 1912 (I think) $2.5 Dollar Gold coin last month, and a few mercs and wheats from the same yard.

Where was the gold coin found?

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He wouldn't say much, just an old house in Denver that belonged to some friends of his.

a few years back some gold coins were pulled from around CSU up here, it was in a construction area and were found under the sidewalk. I always hit construction dirt piles in older areas of town...problem is, so does everyone else!

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jewelerdave said:
He wouldn't say much, just an old house in Denver that belonged to some friends of his.

a few years back some gold coins were pulled from around CSU up here, it was in a construction area and were found under the sidewalk. I always hit construction dirt piles in older areas of town...problem is, so does everyone else!

By any chance was it Rick Mattingly that found the gold coin?

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know Rick and he has pulled up a lot in the past, that guy finds more gold...I think he found some at CSU a few years back. This last one was someone else. It will be in the next news letter. I just dont remember, as soon as the new news letter is out it will be published.

OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
what clubs and stuff are here...besides eureka...I want to get in on the news letters and hunts and junk. :thumbsup:

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is a direct link to the news letter
http://rmpth.com/Newsletter/RMPTH0508.pdf

Go down to page 5 on the news letter, My bad, it was a 1910 2.5 dollar gold.

we have a meeting on the first Wednesday's of the month. on the main page there are directions on how to get there. There is also a series of events that are done every month too, its fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread