Help me setup/build a transport case for my detector...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have an old Halliburton Zero aluminum case that may work for this..I just need to get the lock fixed. So that's one question I guess. Beyond that, the case is a wee bit small, but this might be a good thing? What do folks use that is suitable for air transit and can really take a beating? Anything that was meant for another purpose but 'reclaimed' as a detector case interests me! Might be overthinking this (not unusual for me) but I have a buddy who is a baggage handler at a major airline and he assures me that, excluding too much weight, there might not be such thing as overkill when it comes to protecting valuables!

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well your friend is right, luggage takes a beating at the hands of baggage handlers and the machines that move them from check-in to the baggage carts.
My best and tested solution to this was a Pelican brand hard case. it is on tough mother. they come in different sizes and colors. you may have to test fit a couple to find the right one.
http://www.pelican-cases.com/images/1700.pdf
this is the one i use. Mine is OD green and is marked with a decal that reads "Caution- sensitive electrical equipment"
one that reads "Contents monitored by GPS tracking devise" and an engraving that reads "Property of U.S. Government"
I have NEVER had a problem with it getting to where i need it. I know these cases are a bit $$$$$ but i got a good deal on mine and its worth it to protect your investment. Just be sure to get TSA approved locks because they will check it,especially a military style case. hope this helps you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good point on the locks! That does help too, thanks!

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I wish I had a "Halliburton" The last one I priced was about the price of my first car. By the way...that is the only item the Earl P. Halliburton family kept to themselves..all else went public.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread