Which metal detector?

ravenshadow13

Mar 21, 2009
Help! I'm looking for a metal detector around the $350 or lower price range, and I live in Connecticut, and I don't know about mineral content. I had been looking at the ACE 250 but now am looking at the F-2 or whatever, I don't even know. I will probably use it at the beach eventually but mostly forests and fields for now. I have heard that the silver umax is really good, but I would like a graphics display.

Am I asking the impossible? I don't want to buy one that won't work in this area. Please help me!

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
I just bought my grandson an ACE 250 of cource I had to try it out myself and that thing is a coin maginet and am well pleased with it. I have read about the f-2 and really think the 250 has a few more features and is easier to use but thats just my openion hope this helps you a little. Lee

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find all kind of replies to this one. Just like car owners...some are chevy fans..some are ford fans. I own an Ace 250 along with several others but I will say that I won't get rid of the Ace250. Never used the F2 so can't give you any good advice on that one. I'm just well satisfied with the Ace. Btw, it does good on the dry sand at the beach..in the wet sand you have to turn the sens down and does a good job when you do that. Good luck and know you will enjoy whatever you decide.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camperlee said:
I just bought my grandson an ACE 250 of cource I had to try it out myself and that thing is a coin maginet and am well pleased with it. I have read about the f-2 and really think the 250 has a few more features and is easier to use but thats just my openion hope this helps you a little. Lee
DITTO :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

ravenshadow13

Mar 21, 2009
Do you think it would work in Connecticut soil? I'm worried about the minerals...
And is it worth it to get the sniper coil?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ravenshadow13 said:
Do you think it would work in Connecticut soil? I'm worried about the minerals...
And is it worth it to get the sniper coil?

I have the sniper coil and I very seldom take it off. It will cut through trashy areas real well.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
ravenshadow13 said:
Help! I'm looking for a metal detector around the $350 or lower price range, and I live in Connecticut, and I don't know about mineral content. I had been looking at the ACE 250 but now am looking at the F-2 or whatever, I don't even know. I will probably use it at the beach eventually but mostly forests and fields for now. I have heard that the silver umax is really good, but I would like a graphics display.

Am I asking the impossible? I don't want to buy one that won't work in this area. Please help me!

go to your local club there and talk to them, they hunt your area regularly and will know what is best.

also check out the state thread on here as most posts from the guys and gals in it are from those states

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kellyco for all your detector need good prices 7 day return policy if not happy :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread