Help please, need advice, what would you do if this happened to your child??

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
It's been 24 hours and I haven't received a response.
I have checked the spam folder as well, just to be sure.

But we'll have to see what happens.
I started at the School board Super,and worked down.
there will be some notice taken if the press was notified enough times.

stay with it guys, they need to know this can of worms won't get closed back up.

Thom

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I have not gotten a response yet either. Hopefully soon...I will keep watching for it!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doesn't surprise me that they are no responding, maybe everyone needs to re-send the messages.....lol

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Goes4ever said:
doesn't surprise me that they are no responding, maybe everyone needs to re-send the messages.....lol
whats the school board 's email address, super and your rep

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
Goes4ever said:

Ken Amstutz
Superintendent
[email protected]

Margaret Schilb
Assistant Superintendent
[email protected]

Board of Education Members
Mr. Ken Markward [email protected]
Mr. Ken Mengerink [email protected]
Mr. Mike Morrow [email protected]
Mrs. Linda Owens [email protected]
Mrs. Mary Lou Smith [email protected]

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Goes4ever said:
Bridge End Farm said:
Goes4ever said:

Ken Amstutz
Superintendent
[email protected]

Margaret Schilb
Assistant Superintendent
[email protected]

Board of Education Members
Mr. Ken Markward [email protected]
Mr. Ken Mengerink [email protected]
Mr. Mike Morrow [email protected]
Mrs. Linda Owens [email protected]
Mrs. Mary Lou Smith [email protected]

which one of these education folks represents your district

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are all for Van Wert, not sure what you mean?

tyler6321

Greenie
May 8, 2008
In my opinion there is a little bit of overreacting going on here. I agree it was a bad situation and it stinks that he went the day without lunch. I think that you should try to get the policy changed by talking to the principal and bringing it up at a board meeting. Beyond that I don't think it should be that huge of a deal. I don't understand why people want a cafeteria worker to get fired for doing what he/she was told to do, or why people want to make a media fiasco out of this. I also understand why the Principal hasn't responded to many of your emails considering you don't have children in that school district and don't really have much reason to be involved.

Also, I don't think that it is right for those of you that are blaming teachers and posting lists of their emails. Teachers still do care about students but it is also likely that they were unaware of the situation. When the students have lunch, is also when the teachers have their lunch break at most schools so there was a good chance most teachers were busy eating their lunch or working over their lunch break like many do.

Speaking of the humiliation of the child by taking his lunch away, I'm sure he is just loving all of this attention as well. Especially if someone gets fired or there are a bunch of news reports and everyone will know it was because he got his lunch taken away.

It is funny how so many people will get involved in a school when they make a mistake, but so few are involved at any other time. No wonder why there are teacher and other school professional shortages Nationwide. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tyler6321 said:
In my opinion there is a little bit of overreacting going on here. I agree it was a bad situation and it stinks that he went the day without lunch. I think that you should try to get the policy changed by talking to the principal and bringing it up at a board meeting. Beyond that I don't think it should be that huge of a deal. I don't understand why people want a cafeteria worker to get fired for doing what he/she was told to do, or why people want to make a media fiasco out of this. I also understand why the Principal hasn't responded to many of your emails considering you don't have children in that school district and don't really have much reason to be involved.

Also, I don't think that it is right for those of you that are blaming teachers and posting lists of their emails. Teachers still do care about students but it is also likely that they were unaware of the situation. When the students have lunch, is also when the teachers have their lunch break at most schools so there was a good chance most teachers were busy eating their lunch or working over their lunch break like many do.

Speaking of the humiliation of the child by taking his lunch away, I'm sure he is just loving all of this attention as well. Especially if someone gets fired or there are a bunch of news reports and everyone will know it was because he got his lunch taken away.

It is funny how so many people will get involved in a school when they make a mistake, but so few are involved at any other time. No wonder why there are teacher and other school professional shortages Nationwide. Just my opinion.
real nice first post, just you sign up here just to post this? Because you surely don't seem to be helping my situation out. I appreciate EVERYONE here who is calling an emailing the school. this needs attention so that it will be changed

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
hmm interesting choice for your first post tyler. Most people who come to a treasure hunting web site would post in a treasure related area, but not you, you instead chime in on a rant post and take the opposite position of the original poster. Could you be connected somehow to this School ? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makes me wonder that too, but how in the world would the school ever find a post like this unless something who called or emailed, mentioned it to them. Is that possible?

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he just registered fifteen minutes ago.......very odd??? and this is the post he found first to reply too?

tyler6321

Greenie
May 8, 2008
Goes4ever said:
tyler6321 said:

real nice first post, just you sign up here just to post this? Because you surely don't seem to be helping my situation out. I appreciate EVERYONE here who is calling an emailing the school. this needs attention so that it will be changed

I've just been a browser on here for a while and never really had anything to post. I just think that you could go about getting the policy changed in better ways than to have a lot of unrelated people bombard the school with letters and emails. Have other parents and people within the district join you in your fight, not random people from a treasure hunting forum. I think it is great that people are willing to help you from this forum, but it just seems kind of inappropriate for their involvement in this situation. I'm just trying to offer another point of view on the situation.

Also I have no relation to the school. The reason that it stuck out to me is that I am in the process of becoming a teacher.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I never mentioned TN. Well I have made the call and.........surprise! He is "unavailable" I DID leave a voice mail with my phone number stating who I was, my cell #, athat I expected a phone call in return so we could discuss policy change so another child did not go hungry. Oh I told him to have a great day! :wink:

Anyone else call?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
COUNTRY GIRL said:
I never mentioned TN. Well I have made the call and.........surprise! He is "unavailable" I DID leave a voice mail with my phone number stating who I was, my cell #, athat I expected a phone call in return so we could discuss policy change so another child did not go hungry. Oh I told him to have a great day! :wink:

Anyone else call?

sent email to super tryin to get his number now

to the other fellow congrats on choosing the teaching profession, like medical field we need great folks in there

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the email addy :thumbsup:
i signed them all up for bedwetters anonymous :tongue3:
http://www.wetbusters.com/ (the music will make you wet yourself) :tard:

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks to me like the original poster has gotten lots of support against the school.

Sorry, but I do not agree. I did not read all the notes, but I read the original angry post seeking assistance plus several supportive types of responses.

My wife and I raised five children to adult age. The schools had no responsibility to feed them unless they came through the line with money (yeah, before online accounting).

Since you did not indicate the age of the child in the original post, I have to assume he is below the age that he could reasonably be held responsible for managing his lunch money. That only leaves two people who both know they have that responsibility, you and your wife. Both of you failed in your responsibilities and want someone to blame besides yourselves. Sorry, I'll pass on providing any sobbing support. My kids tried that kind of trick when they failed to meet their responsibilities as young men and women ( it didn't work then either).

You muffed it, be an adult and apologize to your son. Then go back and apologize to the falsely blamed school system.

Pay the food bill annually if you can't manage it any closer than that.

I apologize in advance to all the bleeding hearts who take offense at this type of response. It is NOT intended to be hateful in any way. It is an attempt to shed another light on the subject.

One of making each person responsible for his or her actions or inactions, rather than blaming everything on someone else. If the kid is older than ten he should have the responsiblity for himself, in my opinion. Yes, the parents would have to provide the money, but the kid should manage it or do without, it's called learning responsibilty.

Now that there's a new focus on the responses, I'll just sit back and read....... :icon_sunny:

Have a great day!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder if you can file a neglect charge against the school with cps?

You need to go in there and slap them around a bit cause that is wrong! Make sure you send a nice letter to the state education board, you can even email them, make sure you send a copy to the school principal and the school board.

At my kids school they can not deny them lunch if they don't have money they get a PB&J sandwich and milk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread