Here is the good one!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I know we all try to find "the big one" well today I found the little one, cuff size Rev War officers button !! I've found examples of this button before but none with condition and remaining gilt like this one. There's tons of good info out there on The Kings American Regiment, I'm just glad we had them around here all that time ago. Now the story... me, Iron Patch and Patriot were out today kicking some dirt around, we looked at a few fields but with crops still in and hunters leases keeping us from detecting much we decided to hit a couple of old sites that were available but our prospects were low, but we kept saying it only takes one good one!
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of coppers at one site just as we were leaving and the button was the one and only button I dug at the other nearby old site we ended the day on. Others have dug these buttons on this site and many other detectorists have walked the field hoping for one too ( isn't that right Romeo ;D) today was my turn I guess. I'll be happy to keep and display this one!
ps, one of the coppers I dug was an Evasion copper from UK, appartently not common in the colonies, part of the script in the legend reads ADOLPHUS ,lucky twice ! I think I'll get a lottery ticket :laughing7:

Attachments

• kar.JPG
    kar.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 5,618
  • evasion.JPG
    evasion.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 5,591
Upvote 2

Sagebush

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2006
Las Vegas Nv
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you just love it when you strike a GOOD find?? NUggets from the past.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would be a super LIFETIME find for anyone IH. Congrats on a well deserved historic BANNER and HH, Quindy.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEEET! that button is gorgeous! I think it was IP that brought you the luck not the horseshoe :wink:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congradulations on the banner. Great find...

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread