Hey Can Someone Help me?

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this email and I want to know if this is some type of spam or ripoff and if anybody else has ever got it?

Caz Rosson [email protected]

Hello Metal Detector!

I saw your detecting clips on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell them to stuff it. All they'll do is twist your words around, even if theyre legit. They wont be out to make you look good theyll be out to make themselves look good.

OP
OP
NicktheMainer

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NicktheMainer, when you find out, let us know.. I want in on this bad boy, I'll pitch her the idea of Treasure Hunting meets Snookie, from the Jersey Shore :laughing7:

OP
OP
NicktheMainer

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
NicktheMainer, when you find out, let us know.. I want in on this bad boy, I'll pitch her the idea of Treasure Hunting meets Snookie, from the Jersey Shore :laughing7:

*Fist pump baby* haha

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NicktheMainer said:
I got this email and I want to know if this is some type of spam or ripoff and if anybody else has ever got it?

Hello Metal Detector!

I saw your detecting clips on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?

It is all legit Nick. but like i said i get emails like this every other week and they all turn out to be fakes . this one emailed me today and told me to chat with her. so i called her 3 minutes after the email and she didn't answer, then i called her cell phone and still didnt answer. I also did a background check and even found her facebook. It's a real person. Don't let anyone on here get in on your fame. dont let them be on your TV show.. alright talk later.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Some of these companies" are looking for people who might be interested in self publishing a video, much the same as self publishing a book. Not saying this is the case, but there is a lot of it going around right now. :dontknow:

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nuggetnoggin said:
NicktheMainer said:

Hello Metal Detector!

It is all legit Nick. but like i said i get emails like this every other week and they all turn out to be fakes . this one emailed me today and told me to chat with her. so i called her 3 minutes after the email and she didn't answer, then i called her cell phone and still didnt answer. I also did a background check and even found her facebook. It's a real person. Don't let anyone on here get in on your fame. dont let them be on your TV show.. alright talk later.

i traced the persons phone number and they live in White Plains NY and it is a land line phone , but she said it was her cell phone according to her website

Banemorth

May 19, 2010
She's legit. Just talked to her today. Contacted me through YouTube. Wants me to do a casting video and send it in. Pretty bizarre!

carnage1on1

Greenie
May 22, 2011
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1260X
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's legit. Just talked to her today. Contacted me through YouTube. Wants me to do a casting video and send it in. Pretty bizarre!

Call her back and ask if you can go to her house and dig her property. If she's for real she'll invite you over. Good Luck!

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe they are looking for someone to do another reality show. The show that's on now with the guy from Kentucky they call the Turtle Man originally had a video on YouTube. I've heard that several of the reality shows that are on today got started that way. Swamp Men or whatever the name is another one. And not a reality show but the kid who's so popular singing nowadays, Justin Beiber, was discovered on YouTube too.

Who knows, this may be your chance to get your "15 minutes of fame" and make some extra cash. If it were me I'd feel it out, it can't hurt you as long as you don't put up any money. It may be a waste of time or it may make you some $$$$. I'd watch a reality show about Treasure Hunting if it was done with respect toward the THers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread