Hey, how am i going to blow up this cave?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
I don't know how much research you've done on this, but I would keep my good eye peeled for the word "gravel," or "small rocks," etc, as I research. Also, I would look at locations above...below...all around the cave. It's likely that the old man would not have been buried WITH his treasure, but rather, NEAR it.

Safety tip: Leave a "need help" message in a locked location, instructing someone to open it at a certain time (maybe a few hours after you expect to be back home from the digging). If you make it back home safe, no one will ever see the message.

Kinda late on this one! Been working on a project ;D Might I make a few suggestions? Digging in loose pebbles/gravel?!?
1. You need a partner! Can dig you out or go for help if it all goes to heck in a handbasket!
2. Material for some sort of shoring. whether it be lumber hauled in or scavenged or cut from trees on site.
3. hospital supply stores sell small O2 bottles that can be carried in a pack with a mask or nasal canula. By the time you realize there's bad air it's too late to try crawling out.
4. Harbor Freight has an imitation of the Ridgid inspection camera (way cheaper) but length is too short for most work. They also have security cameras for around $30 - $40 that have IR illumination built into a weatherproof housing. The base can be set up to go on the end of 3/4" PVC pipe or attached to an RC rock crawler type vehicle. If you go the route of PVC, grab a handful of male & female slip to thread fittings. Cut the PVC pipe into 5' lengths with a male fitting on one end female on the other. Ten lengths can be carried banded together with a couple velco straps & carried in the field easily.

Most important YOU NEED TO HAVE A PARTNER to keep an eye on your safety.
Hope this gives you a couple of ideas. Happy Hunting & be safe!!!!!!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in caves, look out for snakes and bats. Yes, always have a honest partner with you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, always send the partner in first ;D

That's why we learn to SCUBA dive with a buddy. First thing to do when sharks are in the area? Stab the buddy & swim like heck!!!!!

Seriously ALWAYS have a partner with you. Your life is worth more than a share of a recovery PERIOD.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm either he found the gold or he's in the hole... no info on this for sometime now..

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fluffy is hoping the wifes' cat made it out alive!

I wanna know what he did with that gorgeous, diamond back(copperhead), rattler hide, and the rattles! ;D
I coulda made a whole suit outta that! (For me, not the cat)!
Do we eat them when they are THAT big? You know like the huge mudcats? YUK!
Yep, I can say Whigham Ga Rattlesnake Round-up! yum yum yum!

Yeah, and what did he do about the cave? We found dynamite in the E-glades, but Homeland Security came and took it all! (just kidding, about blowing that cave, they did take the dyno)
Wow, would love to hear what happened here!
We got plenty of respirators, can we hook a hookha to one of them? Send the cat back down?

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if someone here from him let me know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread