Hey I have made my first ever metal detecting videos - would love some opinions/advic

Sand87

Feb 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!

Please excuse the dull, monotone voice, I'm shy and it's weird recording yourself but hopefully I'll get more relaxed.

Anyway, I've been detecting for a few years now (you might not guess it though) and I love watching videos of other people detecting so I finally got a good enough phone to record my own.

I have made two videos so far and I have already learned quite a lot so I know that they are quite crap just now but they will improve and hopefully so will I.

I would love if anyone could watch them and give me feedback/hints/tips or ID some of the things I found, looking for feedback either on my videos or on my metal detecting.

Here are the videos:

Cheers!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sand87

Feb 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean the tone of my voice or the accent? Not too sure I can help either to be honest, been afflicted with this terrible condition known as 'being Scottish' since I was born.

Haha! In all seriousness though I'm thinking I'll get more relaxed and cheery sounding the more I do it. But the accent you're stuck with, nothing I can do about that.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your voice is fine. My only suggestion is to edit it down a bit. No point in showing every bit of crap you find. Just the interesting stuff.

OP
OP
S

Sand87

Feb 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers for the feedback that is something I definitely plan to do, I just thought for my first few videos I would show absolutely everything so that it is totally honest and transparent and not another video that is just fantastic find after fantastic find. I always enjoy watching videos that show the reality and wanted mine to be similar.

Also hope that by showing everything I might get some hints and tips on how to avoid the things like shotgun shells and foil etc

However, as soon as I find my flow, better finds and get the hang of everything I will edit out most of the nonsense.

Only thing is...I might find myself with nothing to film ha!

Thanks for the advice is there anything else at all?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be able to discriminate out the iron targets....most of them anyway. If not, you need a better detector to do so or you will waste a lot of time digging worthless targets. Nothing you can do about the non-ferrous stuff if you want to find the old and interesting relics, jewelry, and coins. I just got back from detecting in the U.K. and never dug so many buttons and pieces of lead in my life! Just unavoidable if you don't want to miss anything. I dug approximately 1000 targets in the week I was there. Only 6 were iron......and I was 90% sure they were iron too, but, deep iron will sometimes give you a non-ferrous chirp. That 10% chance sounded too good to ignore. You don't want to ignore big iron either, as that might be an old cooking pot full of Roman gold! Grid that slope where you found the silver coin and other "good" targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread