Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky you are so right it did put
A LUMP IN MY THROAT AND TEAR IN MY EYES
BEAUTIFUL VIDIO :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"A very close variation of IL silenzio by the Italian Nini Rosso is the BUGLE CALL, a.k.a. TAPS, universal among almost all the armed forces of the world…a sad and beautiful thing to hear. Melissa Venema, 13 years old at the time who has terrific breath power played this song on the trumpet in an Andre Rieu’s concert performed early 2008 in the Amsterdam Arena, Netherlands. Listening and watching her is mesmerizing and the effect goes to my soul as if she were an angel.

To those who may argue that this song is strictly Il silenzio, I must redirect you to the first sentence above. I mentioned that Melissa is playing a VARIATION of IL silenzio – there are many versions of Il silenzio. This version is often thought of by many in the military as Taps; many have no idea Il silenzio exists. Taps was originally written by Brigadier Daniel Butterfield, an American Civil War general in July, 1862. I was in the military and taps was played at days end, and I can say with certainty that this version of Il silenzio is close enough to General Butterfields original Taps to stir the same emotions."--another onliner

Don.......

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
Anything yet, Frank?

A very special find! 8) I hope you hear from him soon. Amazing, the history lesson we've received from your find. :icon_thumright:

Nana :)
nothing yet :dontknow:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aa battery said:
Nana40 said:
Anything yet, Frank?

A very special find! 8) I hope you hear from him soon. Amazing, the history lesson we've received from your find. :icon_thumright:

He's too busy "politicing" :laughing7: He'll get through all of his e-mails; etc. in a few years ???

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
aa battery said:
Nana40 said:
Anything yet, Frank?

He's too busy "politicing" :laughing7: He'll get through all of his e-mails; etc. in a few years ???
hey bro how are ya

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i guess thats it . called the VA and nothin. ??? got a better responce from a vet on a Harley than the VA. :P

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aa battery said:
crazyjarhead said:
aa battery said:
Nana40 said:
Anything yet, Frank?

hey bro how are ya

Hanging in there. Not doing too much of anything this year so far. Just haven't felt like hunting, either. And that's not like me. Just can't seen to get going. Been sick and definetly burnt out from working out on the road all winter withouut even going home for 9 weeks. Just not myself. ???

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey AA! Congrats and Kudos!
Finally saw this post.
You know what Nick would say, right?

John is a good guy, no surprise. I had the opportunity to actually meet him when he was just starting his campaign for pres.
I met several of the candidates, and he was far and away the only one that was "genuine".

If you have no luck on contacting him PM me. Our state rep, the one I took mding, is in contact with him regularly. He is also a great guy. I am reasonably certain he would help to get you in contact with Mr. McCain.

You are doing a great thing here. I sincerly salute your effort.

Good Luck,
Mark

poppy in pa.

Jan 8, 2009
Wernersville,Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's terrific TNET has so many veteran members. I was in the Air Force 68-72, also Army reserves, and belong to the Legion too. It's an honor to be associated with such a graet group of people. aa best of luck with your attempt at contacting Sen. McCain. HH Poppy

mbomar

Jul 31, 2010
Hi! I just stumbled across this thread.... Col Jack was my grandpa!!! :) Not sure if you still have the bracelet or not since these posts are a few months old, but I would love to hear how you found it!

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
a super find out of the ground. found this online
In all, VIVA distributed nearly five million bracelets and raised enough money to produce untold millions of bumper stickers, buttons, brochures, matchbooks, newspaper ads, etc., to draw attention to the missing men. In 1976, VIVA closed its doors. By then the American public was tired of hearing about Vietnam and showed no interest in the POW/MIA issue.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
mbomar said:
Hi! I just stumbled across this thread.... Col Jack was my grandpa!!! :) Not sure if you still have the bracelet or not since these posts are a few months old, but I would love to hear how you found it!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mbomar said:
hi yes i still have it and would have no problem returning it. It was found at a WW2 airbase and was converted to a Army Reserve , Air force reserve and Air National Guard here in California.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_ :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:salut: :icon_salut: MR TUFF

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: hey wats that thing?? (Emailed John Mc Cain ya never know)

oldhermit34 said:
Am a Vietnam vet and belong to the American legion. God Bless all the military men and women in our armed forces.

God bless you oldhermit34 may you always find gold and treasure in your hunts !

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find and enjoyed reading the thread. God bless our men and women in the military now and those that searved before them.

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to school with Paul Galanti's son. Paul -- I believe -- was in the same camp. Will let you know what he says. Great find!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific find and a terrific American!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread