Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Well first I have to start out with the most important part of the day... I got up early since I knew it would be a long day of woods hunting today. Fixed a sensible breakfast of sausage gravy, cheese grits, and drop biscuits. ;D

12.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

I hopped in the Treasuremobile, picked up Rodeo Recon, met up with Hill Billy, and we and set off to find the site of an old grist mill on a creek. We checked in with the property owner, and she was as sweet as always to us. :-* Then we headed off across the pastures through five gates and into the woods. The woods were a mess from the ice storms we had here, and they will Not be fun to hunt in until harvest. :-\ Deadfall everywhere.

2.jpg

We found the site of our mill. :thumbsup: Hunted it a good while and wore ourselves out with the brush and ticks. We found some keepers, but Rodeo Recon stole the show with a great find... more on that later...

Anyhow, so we saw a cave in the side of a bluff, with water running out of it, so we had to climb up and take a look:

3.jpg

We had water shoes and headgear packed since we'd heard about the cave the last trip to hunt the property. So we decided to take a tour of the inside of the cave. Turns out there were several branches of a fairly large system inside. :o The water was flowing out like a small creek, and we waded into the Cold water and back to where several forks in the water source were. Here are some photos.

In the first photo, you see either water droplets shimmering on the cave ceiling from the camera flash, or the aura of gold ionized by the continuous flow of water creating convection currents in the electron shells of the gold. (Whichever of those two you wish to believe.)

4.jpg

In the second photo, you either see steam from perspiration and my breath condensing or the Ghost of Diggins' Past.

6.jpg

And one of the cave-dwellers. He is not a TreasureNet member yet, but we did tell him he should join.

7.jpg

Changing shoes again at the cave entrance, and wondering about the easiest way to get back to where we wanted to hunt.

8.jpg

We also did a little diggin at an old site of ours on the way out. Lots of flowers in the field this time:

9.jpg

Oh, and Rodeo Recon got the find of the hunt. BEAUTIFUL Seated Dime. :hello2: The rest were just the usual keepers. All of us were beat so we didn't even snag photos of the rest of the finds before we parted company. Freshly dug from the woods at the mill site:

10.jpg

And after the dirt was removed:

5.jpg

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,215
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,
I agree with Don above. Just getting to check out that cave would have made my day. :icon_thumleft:
You are probably to young to remember the movie "Trog" from the late 60's or early 70's. ;D
Congrats to RR on the superb coin find. :notworthy:
Great post,
MM

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemee said:
No one has asked, so I will; What the hell was that thing hanging on the ceiling of the cave??? A bat??

Good ID. I saw the bat right above Rodeo's Head just as he was about to bump into it. :tard:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to RR on the nice Seated dime. :thumbsup: Excellent story and pics, BB! Looks like a grand adventure.

HH

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Treasurenet has made me hungry today!

surely gravy is brown though :icon_scratch:

There are different types of gravies. Brown gravy. Redeye gravy. Giblet gravy. Sawmill gravy. What you are looking at in the photos up top is Sawmill gravy, which is an American staple in the South (cheese grits are too). :)

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
WE LOVE THEM THERE " GRITS" IN DIXIE>>>LOL :laughing7:

eat more gravey, it will save the nation

ML

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:

There are different types of gravies. Brown gravy. Redeye gravy. Giblet gravy. Sawmill gravy. What you are looking at in the photos up top is Sawmill gravy, which is an American staple in the South (cheese grits are too). :)

Giblet gravy :o is that what i think it is?

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That meal would get you through a day to be sure! True "stick to the ribs". I am generally a fruit and nut kind of eater but when I know I'm going out on an all day'er I eat something thick...and those biscuts sure look goooooooood!

Nice find on the seated. If the other finds were just conventional, then you have one great spot to detect. Have fun the rest of the holiday.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlhudson said:
WE LOVE THEM THERE " GRITS" IN DIXIE>>>LOL :laughing7:

eat more gravey, it will save the nation

ML

That's the Culinary Stimulus plan. ;D

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:

Giblet gravy :o is that what i think it is?

Made from Turkey parts. :wink: There is also Squirrel Gravy for those that are Brave.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muttandjeeps said:
BB, great hunt, and the photography was none to shabby either :thumbsup:

;D Rodeo takes credit for most of these photos--including the photo of the bat in the pitch black cave.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Great post BB, it looks like you guys had a wonderful day away from all the cell phones and car horns that I dealt with this weekend. Breakfast looks pretty good too but I'll stick to my hashbrowns and eggs over easy. Those are the best biscuits though as long as they are covered with a good thick sausage gravy.

HH Charlie

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Wow BB,what a great adventure with some great company. Your ghost of "diggins past" may not be far from the truth. That photo inside the cave sure looks like ectoplasmic energy to me. Cool finds,saweeet seated!!
Jerry

Here's two of about 20 photos taken at the site of my father in law's house the day it was torn down. Ten of the photos had similar "smoky" looking images in the photos. (No smoking during the photography by the way, and there were two different single use cameras used that day,each had similar images) I think my deceased father in law was hangin out there that day. :wink: I went as far as having some of the photos analyzed by the International Ghost Hunter's Society and was told they were common images of ectoplasmic energy.. ???
ecto1.jpg
246312-R1-18A_1.jpg

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thanks for the photos, Jerry. I am not normally superstitious, but when we turned off our headlamps in that cave, I swore I could hear voices off in the distance. I wrote it off as the water flowing at the time.

:o

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Ohio Jerry said:
Wow BB,what a great adventure with some great company. Your ghost of "diggins past" may not be far from the truth. That photo inside the cave sure looks like ectoplasmic energy to me. Cool finds,saweeet seated!!
Jerry

Here's two of about 20 photos taken at the site of my father in law's house the day it was torn down. Ten of the photos had similar "smoky" looking images in the photos. (No smoking during the photography by the way, and there were two different single use cameras used that day,each had similar images) I think my deceased father in law was hangin out there that day. :wink: I went as far as having some of the photos analyzed by the International Ghost Hunter's Society and was told they were common images of ectoplasmic energy.. ???

Spooky :o

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Everything in your post is making me drool! ;D
From breakfast, to the seated dime!
Great day! Congrats! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you see, that's an American meal! None of that English-add-ketchup-to-your-eggs silliness. Love the cave dwelling aspect of your hunt!
Carl

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:

/quote]
I saw the cats head bisquits and saw mill with grits and knew it was going to be a glorious day.lol Great post and good job on finding that ole grist mill. You know the stones from those mills fetch a penny or two,, Next trip out check that cave entrance and creek for artifacts. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.millstones.com/store/shop/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread