jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The province has told two Americans whose treasure hunting on Oak Island is the basis of a reality television series to hire an independent archeologist because of items they have handed over to the Nova Scotia Museum.

Peterson-Rafuse introduced a bill in April that she said would ensure greater protection of any artifacts found on the island. It was not dealt with in the spring setting so she is reintroducing the bill Oct. 15.

She is proposing that treasure hunting permits on the island fall under a new heritage research permit. The holder would have two years to conduct exploration, during which time the province would have the right to appoint an archeologist at the permit holder’s expense.

When will they learn to keep their mouths Shut :(

all over a few relics left behind by past Treasure Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When will they learn to keep their mouths Shut :(

all over a few relics left behind by past Treasure Hunters

More than a few relics, it is a TV show, they are being paid to do the search and put on the show. No different than any other TV program...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it shows good reason to Say No to TV producers in the Future Though :unhappysmiley:

Unless your on the Verge of Bankruptcy of course :laughing7:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island is far and away the most bogus of all the bogus shows on the Occasionally History Channel.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe the search is Fake, Or the the Lagina brothers.
I do think like everything else on TV there is added Drama.

But I still think it's sad people like this Peterson-Rafuse Busy Body can force them to Pay for a n
archeologist to come in, Force things to a Crawl, steal what they want & tell the Islands Owners
what they can and can't do on their own property.

It is private Property right ?
I take that from past comments, The Old Guy Owns the land :dontknow:

Now the off shore Water is different.
That they had to weigh whether to shut their mouths or use it for PR

Last edited:

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
From what I understand, this was the agreement that the Lagina group had with the Canadian goverment to cotinue digging on Oak Island. The Canadian goverment gets all artifacts which mean to me, everything. We have seen the valuable items....the coins but those belong to Canada.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The artifacts could be all the wood chips and pieces of concrete the cored from the "vault". All together that could amount for it and the wood pieces were put in "conservation". I sure hope not though, that'd be a huge letdown!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I understand, this was the agreement that the Lagina group had with the Canadian goverment to cotinue digging on Oak Island. The Canadian goverment gets all artifacts which mean to me, everything. We have seen the valuable items....the coins but those belong to Canada.

I'll bow to your Knowledge on this :notworthy:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing they have found is rare or valuable or can't be found anywhere on the eastern seaboard.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were one of the Lagina brothers or someone else associated to the show I'd find it very difficult not to post in one of these threads!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were one of the Lagina brothers or someone else associated to the show I'd find it very difficult not to post in one of these threads!

Unfortunately even if they want to, They would not be allowed.
I'm Sure they are on Strict Contract to Only say What History Channel wants them to
say and then only in their channels.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe the search is Fake, Or the the Lagina brothers.
I do think like everything else on TV there is added Drama.

But I still think it's sad people like this Peterson-Rafuse Busy Body can force them to Pay for a n
archeologist to come in, Force things to a Crawl, steal what they want & tell the Islands Owners
what they can and can't do on their own property.

It is private Property right ?
I take that from past comments, The Old Guy Owns the land :dontknow:

Now the off shore Water is different.
That they had to weigh whether to shut their mouths or use it for PR

Jeff it is private property, the Laginas own the controlling interest of Oak Island Tours, the company the island belongs to.....Basically they own the island..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff it is private property, the Laginas own the controlling interest of Oak Island Tours, the company the island belongs to.....Basically they own the island..

That was my Understanding.

too bad they can't ban Peterson-Rafuse's nose

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Canadian Government here is in a squeeze with First Nations claims.

The First Nations have claimed pretty much all the land around our lake and my house as Traditional Ancestral Ground due to earlier Archaeologist having found some sardine tins in a hole which they claim are Indian Caches.

For me just to build an add on car port I had to get clearance from the Canadian Archaeology Branch of BC and hire an Archaeologist at $ 500.00 per day.

"I received your permit application for the carport and have a few comments and concerns, see below:
1) Stamped and sealed engineered drawings are required for the engineered trusses,
2) Schedules C and D are required to be submitted, see attachments,
3) A site plan showing the location of the new carport in relation to property lines and other buildings,
4) Building permit fee based off of your estimated construction value of $54.00,
5) The foundation that you have noted does not extend to below the 4’ frost level and has no footing beneath so there may be potential for frost jacking or uplift. As your carport is less than 592sqft there is an exemption in the code for accessory building to be on the type of foundation that you have used but I just wanted to make you aware of the potential of frost jacking., and
6) On site review of the log beams used will be required to ensure that the are sized correctly for the span.

Also, upon conducting a zoning check it was noticed that your property has a known archeological site. This means prior to issuance of a building permit Archeological Branch of BC approval is required. I recommend contacting the branch at 250-953-3334 to see how to proceed next.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Canadian Government here is in a squeeze with First Nations claims.

The First Nations have claimed pretty much all the land around our lake and my house as Traditional Ancestral Ground due to earlier Archaeologist having found some sardine tins in a hole which they claim are Indian Caches.

For me just to build an add on car port I had to get clearance from the Canadian Archaeology Branch of BC and hire an Archaeologist at $ 500.00 per day.

"I received your permit application for the carport and have a few comments and concerns, see below:
1) Stamped and sealed engineered drawings are required for the engineered trusses,
2) Schedules C and D are required to be submitted, see attachments,
3) A site plan showing the location of the new carport in relation to property lines and other buildings,
4) Building permit fee based off of your estimated construction value of $54.00,
5) The foundation that you have noted does not extend to below the 4’ frost level and has no footing beneath so there may be potential for frost jacking or uplift. As your carport is less than 592sqft there is an exemption in the code for accessory building to be on the type of foundation that you have used but I just wanted to make you aware of the potential of frost jacking., and
6) On site review of the log beams used will be required to ensure that the are sized correctly for the span.

Also, upon conducting a zoning check it was noticed that your property has a known archeological site. This means prior to issuance of a building permit Archeological Branch of BC approval is required. I recommend contacting the branch at 250-953-3334 to see how to proceed next.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have."

hmmm :( Sorry to hear that Robot :unhappysmiley:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the Copper Spanish coin or the British coin? I take it they are not note worthy?

Didn't say that , but as I said nothing that can't be found in many other locations and the types they found are not rare or very valuable.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now we've positioned our pieces on the board so that if the show divulges "a few relatively modern relics" the conspiracy creators will come up with accusations of coverups by the government or whoever controls the media describing how they hid the fabulous treasures from the public.

You can't crush a faith so easily.

Well at least they found something - apparantly. I hope for Marty's sake it is significant. Historically or financially.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread